• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chippenham Town v Exeter City XI Matchday Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
All the youngsters have potential. Its whether they fulfill that potential thats the key.
Okay. Some players appear to have more potential than other players.

speedyflo

Perhaps turning matches into 'thirds' is the way forward for us! Perhaps this team should be playing Rovers! Full of confidence!

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just back. Very confusing to start as none of the numbers in the programme matched up to the programme. Hey ho!

Christie Pym was very assured in goal. Confident catching and very good distribution. I have no qualms about him as a number 2. Gosling and Keohane were a class above and should start on Saturday.

Matt Jay is some player. Busy in midfield and very cool in front of goal. Took his chances well. He is surely the next one to watch.

As I said after the game last year, Chamberlain is no centre forward....and he still isnt. And God help us if we have to rely on Tom Nichols as an attacking option.

But a good run out for the lads and fitness and skill told in the end.

GeraintJones

Just back. Very confusing to start as none of the numbers in the programme matched up to the programme. Hey ho!

Christie Pym was very assured in goal. Confident catching and very good distribution. I have no qualms about him as a number 2. Gosling and Keohane were a class above and should start on Saturday.

Matt Jay is some player. Busy in midfield and very cool in front of goal. Took his chances well. He is surely the next one to watch.

As I said after the game last year, Chamberlain is no centre forward....and he still isnt. And God help us if we have to rely on Tom Nichols as an attacking option.

But a good run out for the lads and fitness and skill told in the end.
Matt Jay was very very impressive in a 3-0 youth cup defeat I saw at Home Park last year. Looked like he has real potential as a No.10, just as comfortable coming deep to collect the ball as he was when playing on the shoulder. Impeccable close control whilst dribbling too. He's has the Jimmy Keohane, Chris Shephard build but looks better than Shephard ever did and he's much younger than Jimmy.

I share your concerns about Nichols and Chamberlain. I'm worried that we could be turning to one or both of these two if we need a goal on Saturday. I can't remember a performance from either to get excited about yet. Hopefully that will change.

Willy Nilly

Going up, going up!

ecfc2000

Agree with others on here.

Matt Jay was a busy little player, very good on the ball, confident and a team player.

Jimmy K had a decent game. Unselfish with everything he did and got stuck in.

Gosling had a strong performance. A great goal from 20 yards to make it 1-0. Tis said it was important for him to have a good game tonight as his pre-season has been poor to date.

Wannell at LB had a poor game. Sloppy, lots of hoofing and giave the ball away. Expected better. Luckily Gos helped out down the left.

Pym looks very solid.

Oliver Watkins, striker, very good. Quick, good touch and an eye for goal. One to watch.

Not sure about Anderson at CB. Big guy but hasn't got a lot of pace and was caught out a few times.

Grimes, Jagger-Cane - Both played well.

Andy Tillson was there (with his wife) as was Mel, Tis and Rhys Evans (no idea why he was there). Edwards ran the show.

Spoke to Tis. He happy with PSF's. Said we were lucky to get Parkin and he'd been after a player like him for the past 2 seasons at the right price. Gosling needs to up his game if he wants to feature more. Oakley won't be playing for at least 2 weeks, but the rest of the lads are ready. Nothing we didn't already know but it's nice to hear if from the horses mouth.

£5 entry. Didn't try the beer.

fred binneys head

Not a bad preseason I guess, smashed the local minnows and held out against the good opposition reasonably well, just disappointed we couldn't score many against the decent teams - let's see if Tis can get it right against the league 2 lot.

Bring on the Rovers!

ecfc2000

Where the **** did this score come from! It was 1-0 about 30 mins ago.

Decent effort from the youth, fair play
Watkins and Jay made the difference (that and a tiring Chippenham). The pair of them and Gosling and Jimmy ripped the part-timers apart in the last 20 minutes. I was like watching men against boys....or is it boys against men?!

Watkins and Jay are ones to watch. Very impressive.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Well done to the youngsters, but would expect chippweb is in meltdown this morning.