• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chiefs win, well some Exeter team has to!

• Thread starter Cliff Bastins Shorts
  • Start date
So in what way, exactly, are City not progressive and forward thinking? Or is that only measured by success on the field? Results may not be as we'd like, but that doesn't necessarily mean we're not trying nor that things aren't going well off the field either.

I'd agree that we're stuck in a rut at the moment, but that doesn't necessarily mean that we're not trying to get out of it. Course, the fact that the Chiefs trousered £11M for the CG and we left the league with a £4M debt round our necks has had no bearing on our respective recent years either, I suppose!
I was at the Chiefs yesterday and was amazed at the corporate hospitality going on before and after the game,they had a band on after and all the bars were jam packed,i was talking to an official and he was saying how they are booked solid during the week for corporate functions from major businesses,using the facilities to maximise their income,unlike st james centre where a few weeks ago they had a wedding and the bride and groom turned up and had to wait half an hour to get in,make some enquiries and you will find out,says to me one club professional the other amateur,so no there is not progress off the field or on it

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
says to me one club professional the other amateur,so no there is not progress off the field or on it
Says to me you're using ONE case to highlight your argument. I suspect the Chiefs get things wrong too, on occasion, as do City. Your sorry tale of woe proves nothing.

Says to me you're using ONE case to highlight your argument. I suspect the Chiefs get things wrong too, on occasion, as do City. Your sorry tale of woe proves nothing.
Tell that to the Bride AND Groom

Brian Moore

Great win yesterday against one of the best teams in the league. First half was the best performance of the season - how the hell did Josh catch that high ball? Second half Nottingham showed what a good team they are but thanks to some brilliant defence we managed to hold on. Cant see how you say the result was never in doubt though bash - if the game had gone on another 5 minutes we would have lost.
Ant - Chiefs were 4th tier rugby in 1994/5 - 3 succesive promotions took them to Nat League 1 (2nd tier) in 1997 where they have remained ever since. They obviously make mistakes - not planning on building pedestrian access to Sandy Pk being one of them which set tham back around a million for the bridge they had to add late on! They do seem to have a much more positive attitude than the football clun though, i suppose having someone minted like Tony Rowe helps where as the Trust run City will always have to live within their means. Money doesnt gurantee success however I still believe they will be playing Premier League rugby before City return to the football league.

Antony Moxey

Tell that to the Bride AND Groom
Why? It still proves nothing, other than the fact that were the ones who, sadly, had a bad experience. Bloody shame granted (and that's not meant to sound patronising), but it hardly proves one organisation is all bells and whistles whilst the other is on a par with Fawlty Towers, does it?

Why? It still proves nothing, other than the fact that were the ones who, sadly, had a bad experience. Bloody shame granted (and that's not meant to sound patronising), but it hardly proves one organisation is all bells and whistles whilst the other is on a par with Fawlty Towers, does it?
Getting wed is one of the biggest days of a Brides life,if you got wed and were left outside and your Bride was upset you would be ok with that and console her with the words"its ok love they can't get it right all the time"? also ecfc has conference facilities how often is it used and by whom? you say the club is run well off the field,how is it whenever i frequent the sjc which is probably more than you do i find absolutely nothing going on in the bar or upstairs,surely upstairs at least should be occupied if people are promoting the club in the right direction

Antony Moxey

So what if it's the biggest day of your life. A mistake is a mistake, it doesn't make the club any more culpable if it was for this particular occasion or whether it was someone else instead. As I said, your whole reasoning that the club isn't progressing is based on one incident.

As for 'probably' frequenting the SJC more than me, well for one that's just speculation on your part and for another just cos the downstairs bar isn't doing anything doesn't mean the rest of the SJC isn't. There is more than one area available for hire, I believe, and I also believe that bookings are fairly healthy.

Certainly whenever I've been at the club on non-match days there usually seems to be something going on in there.

So what if it's the biggest day of your life. A mistake is a mistake, it doesn't make the club any more culpable if it was for this particular occasion or whether it was someone else instead. As I said, your whole reasoning that the club isn't progressing is based on one incident.

As for 'probably' frequenting the SJC more than me, well for one that's just speculation on your part and for another just cos the downstairs bar isn't doing anything doesn't mean the rest of the SJC isn't. There is more than one area available for hire, I believe, and I also believe that bookings are fairly healthy.

Certainly whenever I've been at the club on non-match days there usually seems to be something going on in there.
I do frequent the sjc 5 sometimes 6 nights a week also match days,i must know you then? so what if its the best day of your life,oh well thats ok its a mistake,im sure you would be happy with that,i did say upstairs as well,also if you frequent the sjc as you say you do you would notice that the door outside is open with a board advertising whats on and the door to the suites are open with a notice pointing people in the right direction,which is not very often,so no the suites are not booked that often

Antony Moxey

We're going nowhere here. The fact is that you have highlighted one incident where things didn't go according to plan. One. What the occasion was IS irrelevent, it was still just ONE incident. Which is my point, one incident does not prove your argument, regardless of how important it was to those concerned.

I'm done with this thread, argue it with yourself from now on.

Il be in sjc tomorrow night putting my money over the bar,no doubt see you in there^o)