• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chesterfield away - 7th Jan

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
I'll be going as long as the weather is not too bad as can't be bothered with 7 hours of driving in the rain. Stopped at Chesterfield on the way back from Sheff Utd. Looked like they had quite a big market in the centre. Saw about 10 pubs. The ground looks easy to get to as it's just off the motorway from what I remember.
Don't know what the weather will be like for driving but the pitch at Chesterfield is definitely playable

FAN-TATIC

I wasn't going to go, nothing due to City, just that the old knees tend to lock up on long coach journeys.

Reggie T42 went a bought a ticket for me last Saturday, so I thought sod it, I'll give it a go. TBF Reggie did offer to sell the ticket to someone else if I really didn't want to go. But perhaps I am meant to be there! Missed SW away last year and SU away this year and looked what happened.

I'll give Tis his instructions just before kick-off haven't lost after doing so to date!;)

I'll be going as long as the weather is not too bad as can't be bothered with 7 hours of driving in the rain. Stopped at Chesterfield on the way back from Sheff Utd. Looked like they had quite a big market in the centre. Saw about 10 pubs. The ground looks easy to get to as it's just off the motorway from what I remember.
There are lots of Pubs in Chesterfield Town centre although quite a few only open in the evening.

The market is large but not as popular as it used to be 10 years ago, you would be better going to The Market Pub!

Chesterfield is about 5 miles from Junction 29 of M1, but then dual carriageway all the way to the ground

Red Alert

6 of us on the early train, arrive 11.00. Nice.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
6 of us on the early train, arrive 11.00. Nice.
Im on that one

There are lots of Pubs in Chesterfield Town centre although quite a few only open in the evening.

The market is large but not as popular as it used to be 10 years ago, you would be better going to The Market Pub!

Chesterfield is about 5 miles from Junction 29 of M1, but then dual carriageway all the way to the ground
We were surprised how many pubs stopped serving food early. Can't remember the name of it, but we went to a pub with loads of screens for the footy and served pretty cheap food. It's bugging me as I can't remember the name of it......

Parking:
The new ground is situated in an area of Town called Whittington Moor, it is in a busy built up area and there is no street parking next to the ground.
You can park 10 minutes walk away on streets in the estates behind the Asda store or behind the park opposite the main entrance to the ground.
However there is one of the countrys largest Tesco stores right at the side of the ground and you can park here free of charge for 3 hours.
Are you sure Tesco car park is OK? I've heard they regularly check it on matchdays to make sure footy fans do not use it and you're liable to get clamped.

Are you sure Tesco car park is OK? I've heard they regularly check it on matchdays to make sure footy fans do not use it and you're liable to get clamped.
I used earlier in the season, and my mate who is a season ticket holder uses it every match but as I said you only get 3 hours.

We were surprised how many pubs stopped serving food early. Can't remember the name of it, but we went to a pub with loads of screens for the footy and served pretty cheap food. It's bugging me as I can't remember the name of it......
If the pub was on Saltergate it would be the Barley Mow.

The other pub with lots of screens is on the main road below the Crooked Spire, it was called Barracuda and is now called Abacus.

Ashford Grecian

This Saturday I will be going to Che........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................rtsey Town to see Ashford Town hopefully get 3 points and a few goals......... 2 games this season have finished 5-4 and 5-6 in the Trophy... I will back once finances better for the trip to Bournemouth:)