• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
The problem with Hartridge he thinks he is better than he is
Don’t agree about his distribution think it’s been poor
Hartridge and Diabate are very very different types of centre halfs. So unless you have spoken to Alex and found him to be an arrogant so and so I have no idea how you can remotely say what you did?

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't see why Alex has even been brought up in regards to Cheick. They both have the potential to have good professional careers. How good isn't really important as long as they are both good enough for us. In all likelihood they will end up playing alongside each other. And then Alfie Pond will come through and have his own story and career arc. That's how youth development in football works.

Grecianpasty

I would say the complete opposite of this is true.

STURTZ

Not sure why we have to denigrate one player in order to praise another. Both Hartridge and Diabate have there own set of skills and abilities, both are young academy boys, both have a future with City and at a higher level. Both could play with us together anyway, is Diabate left footed?

Rosencrantz

Not sure why we have to denigrate one player in order to praise another. Both Hartridge and Diabate have there own set of skills and abilities, both are young academy boys, both have a future with City and at a higher level. Both could play with us together anyway, is Diabate left footed?
No, he is right footed.

STURTZ

No, he is right footed.
There you go then, a back three of Diabate, Stubbs and Hartridge seems a very exciting back line to me.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Overall I was impressed with Diabate on Saturday, although Scunthorpe were very limited.

He was caught out on a couple of occasions and I thought very fortunate not to give away a penalty in the first half for bundling over their attacker who got the wrong side of him after a long straight ball.

Distribution needs work, however as someone mentioned he may have been told to keep it simple.

J-Han

The same Alex Hartridge who Matt Taylor said is an excellent CB but his job and that of the coaching staff was to ensure Alex believes in how good he is? Hardly sounds like a guy who thinks he's better than he is. Strange comment.

fred binneys head

I think that’s nonsense. No offence.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think that’s nonsense. No offence.
Agree 100%