• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cheick Diabate

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Alex Hartridge, Alex Hartridge,
You're not humble anymore!
You're not humble anymore...

Grecian Max

“Hartridge distribution poor”

Can’t take you seriously any more after that comment 😂

JCWhoosh

I'd prefer my defence to keep to their prime obligation of keeping a clean sheet. Not sure I see many Premership defenders hitting too many 50 yard cross field balls if I'm honest. I don't think we will keep hold of Chieck for long. What a talent!

Last edited:

budegrecian

So, released by Stevenage at 16, because he wasn't good enough. Picked up by us at an exit trial &, whilst not yet the finished article, now already looking like a decent League 2 CH, with undoubtedly more improvement to come. Once again, take a bow City Academy Team.

Rosencrantz

So, released by Stevenage at 16, because he wasn't good enough. Picked up by us at an exit trial &, whilst not yet the finished article, now already looking like a decent League 2 CH, with undoubtedly more improvement to come. Once again, take a bow City Academy Team.
And the supposedly non existent scouting team who never go to exit trials 😉

Grecianpasty

His rise just goes to show the importance of players playing mens football on loan. Tiverton, Taunton, Truro and Bath in particular have been great places for our players to improve.

Rosencrantz

His rise just goes to show the importance of players playing mens football on loan. Tiverton, Taunton, Truro and Bath in particular have been great places for our players to improve.
We have so many good non league clubs in the south west at the moment.The Southern League is very competitive and a good league to learn in.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hartridge and Diabate are very very different types of centre halfs. So unless you have spoken to Alex and found him to be an arrogant so and so I have no idea how you can remotely say what you did?
I don't agree with Memphis09 but, in fairness to him, am not sure he's meaning to suggest Alex is arrogant.

Someone might say a player 'thinks he's better than he is' because said player occasionally attempts things that, truth be told, are beyond their skillset. This isn't something I've picked up on with Alex but it is something I think you could say of a player without meaning to imply they're arrogant [in the more conventional sense].

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't agree with Memphis09 but, in fairness to him, am not sure he's meaning to suggest Alex is arrogant.

Someone might say a player 'thinks he's better than he is' because said player occasionally attempts things that, truth be told, are beyond their skillset. This isn't something I've picked up on with Alex but it is something I think you could say of a player without meaning to imply they're arrogant [in the more conventional sense].
In the absence of said poster explaining himself I think my explanation must hold weight until or unless he explains what he meant? I did ask if he has actually spoken with Alex to come to the conclusion he did

Memphis09

I don’t agree with this and would be interested to hear how you’ve formed this opinion.
I think Cheick looks very promising as does Alex (who’s 23 in March - still comparatively young for a centre back).
I don’t understand the need to compare them. In my view we’re fortunate to have both.
Formed my opinion by watching him play
Look how games he has got out of position which has lead to goals
Is a good backup to cheick