• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Charity Match for Cancer Research

flat_cap

Hadnt thought about cullompton will get on to them tomorrow. Willand also a good shout-thanks
Willand's goals are down and have stayed down every summer since I have lived here. (15 years)

flat_cap

What about the Civil Service? Cracking pitch and the guy seemed to really enjoy helping out when we played against Yeovil there.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
What about the Civil Service? Cracking pitch and the guy seemed to really enjoy helping out when we played against Yeovil there.
According to post 546 on this thread, Civil Service are re-seeding and cant do it.

grecIAN Harris

No, topsham cant do it. Trying alphington tomorrow.
You've got virtually no chance there. They play cricket through the summer at The Chronicles to the point where you usually find Alphinton play their first two or three games of the season away from home (I stand to be corrected on this point but I don't think I'm wrong).

Last edited:

Grecian_in_Plymouth

You can use our pitch , but it is in Plymouth,

or try a astro pitch at the Uni.

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free
You can use our pitch , but it is in Plymouth,

or try a astro pitch at the Uni.
I'm off abroad on holiday tomorrow morning so won't be able to do much over the next week or so. It's cutting it a bit fine. Have emailed Andrea but as of yet-not hear anything back.

PeteUSA

If all else fails (and I cant see why Heavitree or Cullompton would) what about Elmore or Tiverton? They both hold Adam in hugh regard, and I cant see Pete Buckingham saying no, providing he's asked nicely.

As an aside, what game (or games) are you trying to organise citysfinest? I assume its the teams that progressed through from the previous competition/tournament, but I'm not sure. How many games need to be played etc.? Its not an all day event is it?

EDIT: B*ll*cks! citysfinest was online when I started this post, now I take it he's gone for a week! Anybody else working on pulling this together? I'll do what I can to find a venue from here if need be.

Last edited:

Andrea's mum

Hi Pete,
We were at Elmore last night To present Adams trophy to the college teams and I'm afraid it's the same story there and at Tiverton, come the Summer break come the pitch sorting outs!. Perhaps the Guys are better waiting to play the final match in pre season when most peoples holidays etc are over as I think there have also been some issues with players not being available. Better to wait a bit and have a good day than rush it I think. xx
If all else fails (and I cant see why Heavitree or Cullompton would) what about Elmore or Tiverton? They both hold Adam in hugh regard, and I cant see Pete Buckingham saying no, providing he's asked nicely.

As an aside, what game (or games) are you trying to organise citysfinest? I assume its the teams that progressed through from the previous competition/tournament, but I'm not sure. How many games need to be played etc.? Its not an all day event is it?

EDIT: B*ll*cks! citysfinest was online when I started this post, now I take it he's gone for a week! Anybody else working on pulling this together? I'll do what I can to find a venue from here if need be.

PeteUSA

Perhaps the Guys are better waiting to play the final match in pre season when most peoples holidays etc are over as I think there have also been some issues with players not being available. Better to wait a bit and have a good day than rush it I think. xx
I totally agree Gig. Its all getting a bit desperate, both venue and player wise. The Foundation would make a lot more money if this game can be held over, and used as a pre-season match. Mario and citysfinest would probably be able to pick which venue you want at that time, and a lot of players will be itching for a game! Maybe I'll make it over and volunteer my services as referee! I'm sure that would go down well! ;)

Thinking of you as always at this time of the season/year. xx

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe I'll make it over and volunteer my services as referee! I'm sure that would go down well! ;)
Thought perhaps you were going to volunteer to go in goal instead Pete! ;)

:D

Last edited: