• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cash?

IJN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exeter City The Scroungers of Devon.

How tinpot.

<smirk>

Only way forward eh Squirtz?

<titter>

banging_them_in

Well-known Exeweb poster
The geeks will plough-up the pitch and re-lay it, but only once they have finished all that up-hill gardening !

This thread gives us Gulls bucket loads of fun.

tee hee G U F F A W tee hee

whiptonace

Jurasic Park`s playng surface should be perfect,considering the amount of horsesh*t on it every fortnight.

elginCity

Jurasic Park`s playng surface should be perfect,considering the amount of horsesh*t on it every fortnight.
Haven't used horsesh*t since the time you fought in the Suez Albert..Clive sprays with supaturf every fortnight now I believe.

Do you lot use chlorine tablets?

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
ahhh well at least our fan base is wealthy enough to be able to afford to support our club in this way.

if you ever had a bucket down at gnome park you would probably only get a couple of used condoms and a few balls of lint. in fact i'm surprised argyle fans can even afford to get in (yeah yeah i know most of them climb over the fence but there must be one or two actually rich enough to pay!)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
ahhh well at least our fan base is wealthy enough to be able to afford to support our club in this way.

if you ever had a bucket down at gnome park you would probably only get a couple of used condoms and a few balls of lint. in fact i'm surprised argyle fans can even afford to get in (yeah yeah i know most of them climb over the fence but there must be one or two actually rich enough to pay!)
In Plym**th the bucket would've been stolen and melted down for scrap.

devonderby

Argyle are paying £400k because they are having the same style pitch as Arsenal which mixes grass and plastic fibres (apparently).

City are going for a standard pitch hence the £150k price tag.

The £400k pitch is said to last 3 times longer thus being a better purchase in the long run...... we shall see.

I would be p***** off as a scummer to be honest.....it is all very amateur asking fans to pay for your pitch...... thats what season tickets, shirts sales and commercial revenues are for!

This really is the test of the whole trust v benefactor debate. I was reading that AFC Wimbledon are saying they will face a similar choice and interestingly enough their chairman says they can reach league 1 as a trust but go no further.....??

elginCity

This really is the test of the whole trust v benefactor debate.
Do you have a benefactor? If so, who is it?

geoffwp

....we will be spending 400k on the pitch this summer
It's a real shame then that it won't effect results ive. Strange flights of fancy that your manager has;
'Mr Mariner, how are we going to reverse these appalling results and ensure we don't end up down tinpot alley'.
The manager thinks deeply for a long while then in great excitement shouts' ' I have a BRILLIANT plan. We'll sow some new grass!!!'

If only all problems were so easily sorted eh? Poor dear innocent scummers.

STURTZ

Exeter City The Scroungers of Devon.

How tinpot.

<smirk>

Only way forward eh Squirtz?

<titter>

At least people have an option, and judging from the high regard that we are held in by the community, I daresay they'll give it.

Remind us again how much money you took from the pockets of Plymouth taxpayers for your ground development and subsequent cut price ground buying rip off?