• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carl Preston

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
So is Preston joining up with the squad for his trial or not

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
So is Preston joining up with the squad for his trial or not
You definitely like digging up and dusting off the older threads...reckon you could be a librarian or an archaeologist by trade;)

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dunno, the font of all knowledge that is Wiki doesn't have any info (unsurprisingly). Would love us to take a proper look as we so badly need a winger and judging by Bournemouth fans' comments, CP seems to have something about him.

I expect he'll sign for Bristol Rovers

MerleyRed

I have heard nothing more to suggest that we remain interested in Carl Preston, but I have just got back from watching him play the first 45 minutes of the Poole v. Bournemouth PSF, where Poole led 3:0 at half time (4:4 FT). Carl did nothing spectacular, but was tidy whenever he was on the ball. He has good close control when running with the ball and you can see why he has caught the attention of a number of clubs. In the formation that Poole played he was asked to cover a lot of ground and seems to have good fitness, even at this early stage of the season. Unfortunately, I did not get the opportunity to ask anyone connected with Poole if there had been further contact with City. My guess is that our budget constraints may have dampened our earlier interest, but I guess there still remains time for him to appear in a PSF. As an aside, Bournemouths first half performance was a shocker.