• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Carl Preston

TheBlackAdderEcfc

I do recall we were interested in this guy could do a job on the wing also would be on low wages so wouldn't hurt the budget. Could be the Non-league gem we are looking for.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah Bournmouth fans are gutted they let him go. Could be a shrewd signing! Get him on trial, see how he goes.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I heard he went on a short trial with Reading recently. He seems to be being watched by quite a few clubs.

MerleyRed

Yes, he went on a three day trial with Reading. The newspaper article that I read which made reference to this, also quoted the Poole manager as saying that City intended to follow up their initial interest by taking a further look at him in pre-season. Lets hope another club doesn't sign him up in the meantime.

ecfc01

We have recently had a ''Behind the Fence'' game, I can confirm Carl was playing and also netted.

Qualty player but I don't think we will get him

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
WTF is a 'behind the fence' game?

ecfc01

Behind closed doos, Think it was Cardiff

Red Monster

Yes, he went on a three day trial with Reading. The newspaper article that I read which made reference to this, also quoted the Poole manager as saying that City intended to follow up their initial interest by taking a further look at him in pre-season. Lets hope another club doesn't sign him up in the meantime.
The problem will be that Poole Town will want a fee, just like what happen with Charlie Austin
going to Swindon, which could stop us in our tracks.

The same would happen if Tis wanted to sign Ryan Taylor who's been offered a contract
at Rotherham and is under 24yrs, so if we wanted him we would have to pay a fee!!

MerleyRed

The problem will be that Poole Town will want a fee, just like what happen with Charlie Austin
going to Swindon, which could stop us in our tracks.

The same would happen if Tis wanted to sign Ryan Taylor who's been offered a contract
at Rotherham and is under 24yrs, so if we wanted him we would have to pay a fee!!

Could be. For what it is worth, the Poole Manager also made reference to the fact that they had signed the player for free and so felt that they had an obligation to avoid putting obstacles in his way by demanding a prohibitive fee.

Red Monster

Could be. For what it is worth, the Poole Manager also made reference to the fact that they had signed the player for free and so felt that they had an obligation to avoid putting obstacles in his way by demanding a prohibitive fee.
Well if that's the case and Tis thinks he's good enough offer them a pre-season game!!