• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Car Parking and Exit Yeovil

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Absolutely horrendous, I parked in the recommended college.... Even after taking ages to get out of Anfield, 15 minute walk to car it still took around 45mins to get onto a road full of barely moving cars and at least another 45mins to get out of the City and then the roadworks on the M6 down to 1 lane in several places caused mega delays.... A proper ****e night all round..
I stayed overnight with family and drove back in the morning. After all the stories i heard, i'm glad i didn't travel back the same night. As for yeovil. If you park in their carpark you're just asking to get stuck.

Last edited:

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Worst I can think of was Rushden - 45 minutes despite an attendance of only a couple of thousand. Really don't miss them.
As for yesterday - learnt my lesson last year, this year I parked near the Arrow pub and only had a slight delay. Do your homework chaps!
Once left rushden at 4.55 and was home in 10 minutes.

All came down to turning right at the first roundabout rather than left...

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Liverpool was the worst I've experienced. That whole journey home was an absolute nightmare.
Ant I was going to comment on the Liverpool car park too but mine brings back happy memories of watching City with my Mum and Dad and it was a positive experience maybe because we were one of the last cars to arrive and park.

It was a league cup tie and from memory we lost 2-0 super sub David Fairclough scoring their second about 10 minutes from the end.

We left dead on the final whistle and were first out of the car park. We had made the journey to Liverpool in just under 4 Hours and (being a bit of a boy racer in those days) I was intent on beating the time on the return journey.

Everything was going well until I saw Coventry on the motorway signs and realised that where the M5 and M6 merge just North of Birmingham I had continued on the M6. We ended up having to retrace our route and once back on the M5 found ourselves overtaking the City Supporters coaches who had probably not left Anfield until an hour after us.....a classic case of more haste less speed.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do people really shop in such places?
Realise that it might be a bit strange for you 99p shoppers to grasp but, believe me, such upper class emporia do exist for the more fortunate.

Keep working at it Dougie old bean, and I'm sure that, one day, you might aspire to such dreams of affluence.

Toodles

G2k

grecian55

Sort the car parking issues out Tisdale ! (drunk)

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jeez, there's some miserable, moany feckers about. Took about 25 minutes/half an hour to get out the car park... What kind of expectations do you have for that to be a noteworthy inconvenience.... Its a small league 2 club, there were 1300 of us,.. it was absolutely par for the course.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Once left rushden at 4.55 and was home in 10 minutes.

All came down to turning right at the first roundabout rather than left...
I was still in the car park 45 minutes later! Still, won't have that problem again.