• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Car Been Impounded

InTheBigBank

Resigned
Posting here to see if anyone can help.

A friend of mine has had her car impuonded for parking in a private road near her work place. She says that she saw the sign advising that there was no parking allowed, but thought it meant she couldn't park in front of the gate, not in the actual road.

Premier Parking Solutions have now taken the car to Weston-Super-Mare (from Exeter!) and are demanding £400 to get it back.

Have they acted lawfully here? Is there anything she can do to avoid paying the £400? As that is a bit excessive in my opinion.

Any help would be appreciated. And please no sarcy replies of 'dippy women drivers' etc.

Thanks

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Premier Parking Solutions, forgive me if im wrong and I am being serious here but I couldve sworn they recently featured in the TV series Rogue Traders. It certainly rings a bell. Good luck to your friend

Last edited:

Scooterboy 65

Premier Parking Solutions, forgive me if im wrong and I am being serious here but I couldve sworn they recently featured in the TV series Rogue Traders. It certainly rings a bell. Good luck to your friend
Im sure Steve that they were operating in torquay and taking alot of cars away and were on Westcountry tv.
Only thing to do ITBB contact Watchdog they constantly have those idiots on.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pay it under protest then appeal, although it may end up in court.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
You weren't the f*cker who parked a lorry over the M5 central reservation were you? Got stuck in that for ~5 hours yesterday :(

InTheBigBank

Resigned
Yeah you're right, a quick Google search brings up a lot of bad press.

Thanks for the replies so far!

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free
These guys are scum. My mrs parked in Exe bridge retail park to pop in to boots. Her chip on her debit card had caught on some of the crap girls have in their hand bags, so wouldn't read on the chip and pin device.
She popped over to the st Thomas precinct to use her card to withdraw cash, and returned to purchase her goods.

Arriving back at her car, she was greeted by a parking guy sticking a ticket on her car. Apparently leaving the premesis broke the Contract with the parking firm which states you must not leave the premesis.

Although she only left to get cash to buy goods from a store on their site.

She paid the fine although I told her not too. They are not enforceable.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
These guys are scum. My mrs parked in Exe bridge retail park to pop in to boots. Her chip on her debit card had caught on some of the crap girls have in their hand bags, so wouldn't read on the chip and pin device.
She popped over to the st Thomas precinct to use her card to withdraw cash, and returned to purchase her goods.

Arriving back at her car, she was greeted by a parking guy sticking a ticket on her car. Apparently leaving the premesis broke the Contract with the parking firm which states you must not leave the premesis.

Although she only left to get cash to buy goods from a store on their site.

She paid the fine although I told her not too. They are not enforceable.
Correct. THese companies are scum. THey prey on the vulnerable to lynch there cash from them

lmartin

Administrator
Yep, they 'looked after' the parking spaces for my house when I lived off Fore St. There was a row of 5 houses, then behind a row of 5 assigned spaces.

One day I drove home in my Mums car for lunch as mine was out of action. My permit was in my car so I didn't have a permit so I stuck a note on saying "I'm from number 2 and am in, please knock if any problems or call xxxxxx". This was MY parking space! I was there less than an hour, came out to find it clamped. Rang them up and had to pay £100 to have the clamp removed.

Few weeks later someone parked in my space so I left a note saying don't do it again and parked elsewhere. Another few weeks later they parked there again - so I rang Premier Parking to get them to come and sort it out. "Oh sorry, nowt we can do, Monday is our day off".

The sooner those companies get outlawed the better.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, they 'looked after' the parking spaces for my house when I lived off Fore St. There was a row of 5 houses, then behind a row of 5 assigned spaces.

One day I drove home in my Mums car for lunch as mine was out of action. My permit was in my car so I didn't have a permit so I stuck a note on saying "I'm from number 2 and am in, please knock if any problems or call xxxxxx". This was MY parking space! I was there less than an hour, came out to find it clamped. Rang them up and had to pay £100 to have the clamp removed.

Few weeks later someone parked in my space so I left a note saying don't do it again and parked elsewhere. Another few weeks later they parked there again - so I rang Premier Parking to get them to come and sort it out. "Oh sorry, nowt we can do, Monday is our day off".

The sooner those companies get outlawed the better.
Agreed. I expect the car was someone from the companies(Slander that be lol). Did you give the regristration of the car? It wouldnt surprise me if they have a list of number plates of friends and family to not book.

I agree.. Sooner theyre outlawed the better. Theyre scum who prey on the vulnerable. It should be outlawed to clamp a car without police or a courts permission