• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Car Been Impounded

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I had to chuckle one morning last week when, while strolling through the car park behind Mary Arches I spotted one of the City Council Logo'd Parking Van parked in a clearly marked disabled bay while the nearby traffic warden - whoops, sorry :$, CIVIL ENFORCEMENT OFFICER was busily ticketing a car.

When I politely enquired whether, when he'd finished that, he proposed to write one out for his own van I can assure you that his reply was decidedly NOT civil.

Made my day off, that did!
Reminds me of the warden when I was living in Northolt.

Our estate was one where there were more cars than spaces, so particularly on a Friday night several cars would be parked with one side up on the kerb on a path opposite the main path (and thus rarely used in any case). To not go up onto the kerb would be impossible as it would block access to the rest of the estate.

Lo and behold, every Saturday morning before 8:00 this little warden with a moustache and thick glasses - you know, archetypal "I'll do anything for my bonus" type - would turn up, park his car ON A KERB and proceed to ticket all the cars parked up on the kerb. Except his own one, natch.

I wrote a nice little letter to the Council explaining this hypocrisy, and we never saw him again. Yay.

les.gtfc

Wasn't this the firm where it was proved that they had doctored the meters on their sites, so that they didn't recognise certain coins, and although you were putting £2.50 in, it was only recognising say £1.50 and giving you a ticket for less time than you had paid for.

Last edited:

les.gtfc

They were then towing cars away when the ticket ran out and charging an astronomical amount to get it back.

Last edited: