• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge United v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread.

jase 07

Their RB Liam Bennett looks a real prospect.
I said the same thing to my Son, he looks a great prospect

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thought Cambridge played the way GC wants us to play but they did it much better, stronger in midfield and more support down the flanks with real full backs and wing backs. Their attack was pretty wayward with their shooting as well, but thank God for that they could have won 4:0.
We looked better after the changes I thought that some kind of change was pretty obvious from half time, we had to sit through about 70 mins of embarrassing ineptitude before actually making any kind of goal threat.

Well-known Exeweb poster
If give my right arm now for some of the forwards we had back then...Basham, Phillips, Mackie..
Some maybe but far from all. and the absolute stick that basham got on here ...as did Mackie early doors... I diagnose a severe case of Rose tinted memories... A sharp dose of realism should be applied especially b4 thinking of cities past players.

jase 07

When did we last have a keeper who had a decent penalty saving record.
Not sure, but overall I would say Vil has been one of the better players so far this season

rustle

At least my mates have stopped taking the p1ss about rugby scores, they just laugh now 😖

Well-known Exeweb poster
Your second sentence is key. Once confidence is gone, it's very difficult to restore it. Unless we have a replacement of a large number of players in the January window, I see little prospect of the management team turning this season around.
MAJOR exaggeration. A few goals a couple of clean sheets and an injury free run with a decent striker in place and we'll be as right as rain.. there's quality players in this team just need a few things to go out way ATM they're not.

jase 07

Why can't anyone pass a ball?! I play better passes in my 5 a-side and I'm so unfit
You don’t have to be fit to be able to pass the ball, I think you know that anyway 😜

Mid Devon Grecian

Your second sentence is key. Once confidence is gone, it's very difficult to restore it. Unless we have a replacement of a large number of players in the January window, I see little prospect of the management team turning this season around.
Taken you a while to reach that conclusion

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just listened to Sweenz interview. Every single week we seem to start poorly, why can't they change it? I suspect the same thing will happen against Wycombe and we get the same ###### interviews at the end of it.
Sort it out!

Mid Devon Grecian

He (Caldwell) just appears to Be clutching at straws. When you are a team out of confidence you need to go back to basics. The formation today was baffling. Made it so easy for Cambridge. I actually think there are decent players in this squad. But they need to be playing in the right system. 5221?!?

Ahhh - god knows. Pretty miserable stuff.
I thought you were backing him?