• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge United v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm

Mate.. there's been LOADS worse...your forgetting we played in the conference not so long ago.
If give my right arm now for some of the forwards we had back then...Basham, Phillips, Mackie..

berniesworld

CALDWELL OUT

CARLISLE IN

SoyBoy4

Not been a good night for me and football. Captained our boy Oliver in FPL and he has an assist disallowed.

Grecianman135

CALDWELL OUT

CARLISLE IN
WYCOMBE 2
EXETER 0...

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
We’d lose to ourselves!
If we played ourselves a hundred times we'd get 100 points from nil-nils.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is Harper injured?

thermopylai

We could be the founding members of the European Super Training Ground League!
Actually - and I'm being serious now - I will propose a Trust motion that we sign up for the European Super League. Get in there before all the Premiersh*te clubs have finished their unconvincing displays of morality.

It'll be us, Barca and Real. Won't have worse results than we do now.

Grecianman135

If we played ourselves a hundred times we'd get 100 points from nil-nils.
Still we'd probably balls it up on goals difference...

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Guys, wake up please.
Whooooosh

C j phill

Some very very (very) poor performance's. Just look like a bunch of players with zero confidence. No idea how you fix this. Other than fresh blood.

Think it will be new transfers first. But that will need to click quick. If not it has to be a new manager.

That said: I reckon we will stay up. And I have a sneaky feeling Caldwell will turn it around. (Basing most of my optimism on a small sample size of great football at the beginning of the season.)

To be clear - I blame no one for calling for Gary Caldwells head. I just don’t think it’s gonna happen.
Your second sentence is key. Once confidence is gone, it's very difficult to restore it. Unless we have a replacement of a large number of players in the January window, I see little prospect of the management team turning this season around.