• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge United v Exeter City Match Day Thread

Smithyno6

Just want to see some passion and attacking football. A win will rejuvenate hope.
Flat as my missus t**s at the moment.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's also up to the players. Taylor can't stop them playing short passes into touch or their failure to be able to reach the penalty spot from a corner. They need to show some bottle.
It's all about preparation.Corner strategy is down to what happens on the training pitch.When to pass long or short during different phases of the game can be controlled by the manager.Nerves shouldn't be a problem,there aren't any fans in the ground to get on the backs of the players.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
By the same token there are none there to lift them either.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I believe he does but some of the players dont seem to get it.
I'm not sure he is on the right track with that.3 midfielders in a line too far behind Bowman to support him when the ball is pumped forward.With the rest of the team sitting deep on the off chance that we might get over run.Got to be more positive.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
By the same token there are none there to lift them either.
Looking at the pessimism last Saturday. Would there by enough getting behind the team in the ground to be heard?

denzil

Albeit on loan they get Hiram Boetang and we get..................Atangana !!!

Langer

We have a decent team of athletes it seems the ball is the problem.

Exappa

Tired, injuries, our poor pitch, our inexperience, everyone’s tired bodies, missing players we might call misfortune. Creating few chances, subs changing little, poor entertainment all round.

And how is that turned around... - Different motivation?! Different luck?? Sunny weather? Not at all convinced here even though odd things can happen but I fear we have a lot riding on Williams running for part of a game.
Hope it’s good on ifollow.
Fingers crossed. One MJ pen.

Grecianpasty

I hope Willmott doesn't start/play.

Reactions: Ash

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope Willmott doesn't start/play.
Your hope is fulfilled. Not even on the bench, must have a knock.