• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Calling all small supporters' groups

Red Bill

I'm a member of Great Western Grecians which is the supporters group for City fans in Bristol and the surrounding area. Although at one point we had around 25 members, we're currently down to about 15, of whom only about 10 of us are active members.
I've seen mention of a few other small groups, think I've seen a Yorkskshire grecians and a Midlands grecians in the past (I may have made these up!), and I wondered how many small groups there may be?

Whenever there has been a call for finacial support from the club, we've never failed to answer that call, and in the past we've for example paid for one of the TV in the Centre Spot and chipped in for repairs at the Cliff Hill. However with such a small membership we've sometimes had to rely on the generosity of individual members to meet the funding target. Right now we are trying to support the 'Kit out the Cliff' campaign, but there are only a couple of items we will realistically be able to fund and they may already have been purchased by the time we have worked out how much we can fund. So it struck me that if all the small groups could club together, we might be able to fund the more expensive items on the list.

This is just my idea at present and I haven't yet discussed it with the other GWGs, but if you are part of a small group, I'd be really interested to hear from you.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Any South Coast ones?

Matt Russell

Any South Coast ones?
Not yet Max, but don't neglect the potential of Worthing. 🙂

geoffwp

East mids grecian. Based in Leicester but with quite a few from Notts and even up as far as lake district i think. I was part of the group until I moved back down to the west country about 10 years ago. Not sure if it's a group you'd call 'small' though.

iscalad

Any South Coast ones?
Sign of the Chimes???

Oldsmobile-88

I saw Doncaster’s Grecian Exile Group/Man, Razor with his suitcase having a sing song opposite the General Buller statue this afternoon 😎

Grecian Max

😂

Colesman Ballz

It's most important that you are earnest about it too ! :)

Red Bill

East mids grecian. Based in Leicester but with quite a few from Notts and even up as far as lake district i think. I was part of the group until I moved back down to the west country about 10 years ago. Not sure if it's a group you'd call 'small' though.
Thought I'd seen East Mid Grecians Goeff, do you know if any are exwebers? Any under 30-40 members I'd be interested to hear from, so don't get too hung up on 'small'. But also if there are any with 4 or 5 members I'd be equally happy to hear from.

Red Bill

As an aside, GWGs will be meeting at the Ostrich in Bristol next Wednesday so any Bristol based Grecians please come and join us if you fancy?