• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 227 59.6%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.4%

• Total voters

Red Bill

this needs to be taken down now
I disagree. Whilst I think a change of title to "Caldwell in or out?" might reflect better the balance of opinions currently, this thread still represents a perfectly valid discussion.

No it needs to remain as if we lose our first 3 games of the new season I'll be changing my vote
Agree and If we go 100 days without a win again at any point next season i'll be changing my vote back to "out".

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
this needs to be taken down now
Ahh the good old freedom of speech police , Next you'll be telling us what we can or can't think ala 1984 !!

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
If I was against a thread, I just wouldn't post on it and let it die a natural death. Some of our fans aren't the brightest.

Boyo

I don't mind this thread and will continue to read it. What is very evident now of course, is that the poll linked to this thread is totally meaningless. I'd be amazed if 5% of City fans want him to go, let alone the 45% as per the current results on the poll. Even in the darkest moments, towards the end of the winless run, the poll never reflected the opinion of the city fans that I know and chat to. That group is limited to a dozen or so people, but only one or two wanted him gone, whilst the majority felt that sticking by him was the best move. That's not to say they backed him, but that sacking him was the wrong move.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
the poll never reflected the opinion of the city fans that I know and chat to
Completely different to what I experienced

The poll sat on around 60/40 for a long time, so just a bit over half of the fanbase split on him after the 3/4 month winless run

Sounds about right tbh

Last edited:

SDRighton

Is the historical data for this poll recorded? Would be interesting to see how it fluctuated through the season.

denzel

Even in the darkest moments, towards the end of the winless run, the poll never reflected the opinion of the city fans that I know and chat to. That group is limited to a dozen or so people, but only one or two wanted him gone, whilst the majority felt that sticking by him was the best move.
That might be your experience but it's not mine. The majority of my cohort wanted him gone in November / December. Most have changed their mind, but let's not rewrite history.

Bat Fastard

I don't mind this thread and will continue to read it. What is very evident now of course, is that the poll linked to this thread is totally meaningless. I'd be amazed if 5% of City fans want him to go, let alone the 45% as per the current results on the poll. Even in the darkest moments, towards the end of the winless run, the poll never reflected the opinion of the city fans that I know and chat to. That group is limited to a dozen or so people, but only one or two wanted him gone, whilst the majority felt that sticking by him was the best move. That's not to say they backed him, but that sacking him was the wrong move.
Agree with the above, your experience completely different to mine chap

Grecian Max

That might be your experience but it's not mine. The majority of my cohort wanted him gone in November / December. Most have changed their mind, but let's not rewrite history.
No, a poll of 378 people is less reliable than Boyo’s Dozen