• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 228 59.7%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.3%

• Total voters

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
So were GC's previous windows !
I think in retrospect we can say that the rebuilding job was ultimately successful, requiring to continue bolstering the side in Jan

We’re missing firepower for sure and won’t ever score many goals if we can’t figure out how to supply proper forwards but perhaps a summer of focussed minds can sort it out this time

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've had a look at our previous seasons at this level since it became 4 divisions.
This is our 18th season in the third tier.
I've awarded three points for a win for those seasons where it was actually two.
Relatively speaking we've bettered 5 of those seasons so far.
If we carry on at the same current points per game then we will have had our 8th best season (see projected line at bottom)
If we were to win our last 5 games we would finish on 65 points and have the 4th best season's total ...
Looking at the points total Tisdale achieved in 09/10, when we avoided relegation on the last day of the season with 51 points, proves that the quality in League One this season is poor.

Cheltenham are third bottom on 38 points with 7 games left, Port Vale currently occupy the final relegation place and have 39 points with 6 left, whilst Burton have 40 with 5 left. There's no way any of those three are getting anywhere near 51 points but one of them will stay up.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
With Foster being sacked by Argyle this eve it really does highlight how much patience we had to keep GC, and it appears to have paid off. Let's hope Argyles last ditch at survival fails miserably and we can meet again next season.

haka

I've had a look at our previous seasons at this level since it became 4 divisions.
This is our 18th season in the third tier.
I've awarded three points for a win for those seasons where it was actually two.
Relatively speaking we've bettered 5 of those seasons so far.
If we carry on at the same current points per game then we will have had our 8th best season (see projected line at bottom)
If we were to win our last 5 games we would finish on 65 points and have the 4th best season's total
An excellent table for comparison, but on behalf of Brian Godfrey I feel obliged to point out that he has been awarded the wooden spoon that rightfully belongs to Gerry Francis ... :eek:

Bridgy 81

With Foster being sacked by Argyle this eve it really does highlight how much patience we had to keep GC, and it appears to have paid off. Let's hope Argyles last ditch at survival fails miserably and we can meet again next season.
I obviously wouldn’t be against them being relegated but to be honest I’d rather go somewhere different next year.
QPR unfortunately seem to have escaped the drop but I’m still eyeing up possible trips to Huddersfield, Stoke or Blackburn.

Spoonz Red E

An excellent table for comparison, but on behalf of Brian Godfrey I feel obliged to point out that he has been awarded the wooden spoon that rightfully belongs to Gerry Francis ... :eek:
Oops - lost him in a cut and paste ...
Corrected table below

denzel

I obviously wouldn’t be against them being relegated but to be honest I’d rather go somewhere different next year.
QPR unfortunately seem to have escaped the drop but I’m still eyeing up possible trips to Huddersfield, Stoke or Blackburn.
Bridgy, no one eyes up a trip to Huddersfield

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Caldwell to Argyle?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know I'm only repeating what others have said but to lose 5 of our best players and make a mess of the transfer window and to then still be within touching distance of matching last year's points total really is an incredible achievement. And the resilience shown by the manager to keep fighting on after those defeats to Fleetwood and Bolton is almost as impressive.

Grecian Max

I know I'm only repeating what others have said but to lose 5 of our best players and make a mess of the transfer window and to then still be within touching distance of matching last year's points total really is an incredible achievement. And the resilience shown by the manager to keep fighting on after those defeats to Fleetwood and Bolton is almost as impressive.
Agreed, to bounce back like that takes cajones