• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters
CLOSE THE THREAD 🤣🤣

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
You do have to wonder how many of the 220 (62%) Outs are bots/ janners/Chesterfield fans...

tavyred

I said he should have been sacked after the Fleetwood away game & was incredibly lucky to still be in the job.
It’s not luck, the club has a history of backing managers and backed GC from the get go.
He’s only lucky that you and me weren’t in charge as we both would’ve sacked him before Christmas.
Good on GC and board, they held their nerve when we and countless others didn’t.

Grecian Max

You do have to wonder how many of the 220 (62%) Outs are bots/ janners/Chesterfield fans...
Those Putin bots doing their best to destabilise Exeter City

milts

Credit where it’s due, he’s turned it around.

He isn’t out of the woods yet but huge improvement.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could it be that people aren't taking it all that seriously, do you think? Rushing back to recast their vote on the back of some serious solemn soul searching on the way back from Wigan?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
It’s not luck, the club has a history of backing managers and backed GC from the get go.
He’s only lucky that you and me weren’t in charge as we both would’ve sacked him before Christmas.
Good on GC and board, they held their nerve when we and countless others didn’t.
It’s luck - however you dress it up it’s luck.

you’ll think differently as will i but that’s what opinion based forums are for.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’s luck - however you dress it up it’s luck.

you’ll think differently as will i but that’s what opinion based forums are for.
Equally, sacking GC on the basis a new manager would do better would have relied on ‘luck’ - no one could possibly know this for sure.

What we can say, with some certainty, is that we could have spent a six-figure sum getting rid of GC and it’s extremely unlikely we’d have picked up more points than we have done since Boxing Day!

Grecian Max

Could it be that people aren't taking it all that seriously, do you think? Rushing back to recast their vote on the back of some serious solemn soul searching on the way back from Wigan?
Definitely Putin

Antony Moxey

Equally, sacking GC on the basis a new manager would do better would have relied on ‘luck’ - no one could possibly know this for sure.

What we can say, with some certainty, is that we could have spent a six-figure sum getting rid of GC and it’s extremely unlikely we’d have picked up more points than we have done since Boxing Day!
But the calls to get rid were a lot earlier than that and we had a huge number of defeats that a new manager might have overcome.

Still, it’s all whatifery - he’s still here, we might have been further up the table with a new man, we might not, we’ll never know.