• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
This will be the 3rd club that GC will leave in a worse state then when he arrived, citing mitigating factors behind the scenes.

What an unlucky chap he is.
He just can’t catch a break!

tavyred

Has GC dripped publicly about his sh1te budget?

gbjpc

In fairness, it was a slightly different situation in that the best players from our promotion season, this time round, ALL left this summer (with a couple leaving before). As I recall (though, I'm sure someone will trawl back and prove my memory wrong), a lot of our better players last time we got to league one started to leave after that big second season and it was the third season where we hit the skids. I think last season's first XI was stronger than the one that finished 8th a decade ago, but maybe a bit less depth.
Big difference was that we had Curo scoring 17 goals and Logie and Harley getting double figures. We hit the jackpot with Jamie. The other thing that season was that our 8th place was a little flattering as we had a fabulous run in winning 7 of the last 8.

Grecian Max

Big difference was that we had Curo scoring 17 goals and Logie and Harley getting double figures. We hit the jackpot with Jamie. The other thing that season was that our 8th place was a little flattering as we had a fabulous run in winning 7 of the last 8.
League table never lies

simcity

Unpopular opinion but GC is just as much a victim of our limited budget as we supporters are.
It must be a nightmare not being able to explain to his critics that our perennial ‘transfer window’ problem is down to the club not having a comparative pot to p1ss in.
If he’d done his research then he knew exactly what kind of budget he’d be in charge of before he joined the club.

I’d argue the budget he has got hasn’t been used all that well.

Personally I can’t see how this squad is costing more than last season’s squad so where has all the budget gone as I’m pretty sure we were told this seasons budget is the biggest ever…

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Personally I can’t see how this squad is costing more than last season’s squad so where has all the budget gone as I’m pretty sure we were told this seasons budget is the biggest ever…
Lot of players last season with contracts paying much much less than they could get elsewhere. No players this season in that bracket. I suspect that's part of it.

gbjpc

League table never lies
You are right of course but even we weren’t even going for it at the end with Tisdale bringing himself on. I think the fact remains that either side of that season we were shit and the difference was a quality striker. Who knows where we’d be how if we had a decent one.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
You are right of course but even we weren’t even going for it at the end with Tisdale bringing himself on. I think the fact remains that either side of that season we were shit and the difference was a quality striker. Who knows where we’d be how if we had a decent one.
Signed from absolutely nowhere as well. Tisdale had the midas touch back then.

Grecian Max

We definitely weren’t shit that season mate, I remember some really dominant performances prior to that run - it was a pleasure to watch us play for much of that year

We wouldn’t have finished 8th otherwise

Has GC dripped publicly about his sh1te budget?
No but he will do if we eventually sack him, when Partick fired him he started blaming the club after he had left them in a mess and also stated that his style would be more suited to the Scotland National team, as he had never played at such a low level as his Partick players!