• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 228 59.7%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.3%

• Total voters

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
We have to acknowledge if in league two next season even fewer players of any half decent quality will be interested in signing for us and we will be left trying to pick up the wreckage of this season.

No easy task for whoever is in the hot seat in fact could prove to be impossible.

Certainly our next local derby is more likely to be with the Gulls, WSM or Taunton than Argiggle although judging from the latter’s current league position they could also be flirting with relegation back to league one at the end of this season

Last edited:

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
We have to acknowledge if in league two next season even fewer players of any half decent quality will be interested in signing for us and we will be left trying to pick up the wreckage of this season.

No easy task for whoever is in the hot seat in fact could be impossible certainly our next local derby is more likely to be with the Gulls or WSM than Argiggle although judging from their league position they could also be flirting with relegation back to league one at the end of this season
Maybe L2 is the best a Fan Owned club can aim at?
Bye Bye Project 6000

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unless if it's of his own accord, he's going nowhere anytime soon.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unless if it's of his own accord, he's going nowhere anytime soon.
We could always tell the police we've seen him speeding away from SJP with a pint in the other hand singing "Glasgie I Luv you" !

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
He won’t be sacked, there is absolutely no chance that will happen , City as a club don’t work that way.

Grecian Max

He won’t be sacked, there is absolutely no chance that will happen , City as a club don’t work that way.
At some point this needs to happen, we can’t always get recruitment right

Hopefully lessons learned after the Tisdale contract debacle and an easy break clause

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m generally in the optimistic camp and, I can’t believe I’m typing this considering where we were a few back, but a loss on Saturday and I’m getting truly ****** off with Caldwell (I am already tbf).

Sweeney’s comments in his interview are really worrying. Seems like some serious in-house unrest is in play and as soon as that seeps in, you’re in big trouble.

Tonight sounded dire. Yes it’s Derby away but they’re shit and were on the ropes coming into the game. Oh how Warne must’ve counted his lucky stars he had ECFC at home to give him one more game’s grace.

Saturday is a must win. We cannot afford another loss, simple as that. I’m not confident, but I’ll be there. Can’t wait.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was always going to be the case and anyone including GC who thought otherwise was living in cloud cuckoo land that by playing a team week in week out without containing a player with any of the attributes of a recognised striker would end as it has done in complete disaster.

Max Payne 2

I actually believe this lot can play better, they've shown it. Something else has happened.

Banksy

Maybe L2 is the best a Fan Owned club can aim at?
Bye Bye Project 6000
If we’re going to go down let’s at least go down with a fight , not this way.There’s time to turn it round but you have to ask how we’re going to do it with our limp mistake prone play and shot shy front line.
For example , it’s not as if we’ve got a Jamie Cureton or Sam Nombe who’s merely temporarily misfiring , there’s simply no one seemingly able to step up to the plate or indeed wants to.
No, the writing seems to be on the wall and an equally bad November would seal our fate I think.As I said in the last transfer window , for want of a nail…….