• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

Average Joe

GC is making the doubters look a bit silly.

It's clear our 14 no win game run, or what ever it was, was down to injury.

If GC gets backed in the summer to build depth, I'll be a very happy fan.

JGrecian23

GC is making the doubters look a bit silly.

It's clear our 14 no win game run, or what ever it was, was down to injury.

If GC gets backed in the summer to build depth, I'll be a very happy fan.
Yes those 14 games where we basically only had Caleb Watts injured were a tough time 😀

larrywilkie

Yes those 14 games where we basically only had Caleb Watts injured were a tough time 😀
Can you back this up?? Seriously no other injuries during that time??

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can you back this up?? Seriously no other injuries during that time??
He’s a muppet, ignore him. In the first 4 months of the season, 20 of our 26 senior pros were injured at some point, some for a week or two, some for longer. I said it at the time when I was supporting SGC.

Sweenz, Aitchison, Demi, Cheick, blah, blah, blah, etc….

JGrecian23

He’s a muppet, ignore him. In the first 4 months of the season, 20 of our 26 senior pros were injured at some point, some for a week or two, some for longer. I said it at the time when I was supporting SGC.

Imagine thinking we are the only club to have injuries. Nearly every single player misses a game at some point in the season. The injuries were well overhyped by you clowns.

Harper and Gary Woods have a muscle strain and miss a game and suddenly we have the worst injury crisis of all time.

Mitchell withstanding we haven't lost a key player for months and months as is being made out.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

And as I said in this post not so long ago, yes we had injuries, but not all the injuries were at the same time. GC was putting square pegs in round holes to keep his preferred shape and it didn't work.

I'm not so sure how severe the injury situation was myself. Here's the starting lineups from when the run began...

Screenshot_20240320_154034_EFL iFollow.jpgScreenshot_20240320_154054_EFL iFollow.jpgScreenshot_20240320_154118_EFL iFollow.jpgScreenshot_20240320_154223_EFL iFollow.jpgScreenshot_20240320_154201_EFL iFollow.jpgScreenshot_20240320_154243_EFL iFollow.jpgScreenshot_20240320_154349_EFL iFollow.jpg

Those starting XIs aren't 'weak'. I still maintain GC was guilty of not doing something different with the players at his disposal then.

Before his injury, the only time we looked vaguely dangerous was when Demetri Mitchell wathon the ball.

I liked Trevitt, but honestly I'm not sure we could afford to have him in our midfield. Positionally he was all over the shop when we were defending.

Scott and Muskwe. OK they had injuries too but what we saw of them they were not good enough. They were GC signings.

The injuries played a part and yes our options off the bench were weak but we still had enough good players on the pitch for most of those games, the gameplans were just plain wrong.

But fair play, we have finally turned the corner. Let's hope we don't have to have another run like this until the same lessons are learned.

Radio Free Skaro

Imagine thinking we are the only club to have injuries. Nearly every single player misses a game at some point in the season. The injuries were well overhyped by you clowns.

Harper and Gary Woods have a muscle strain and miss a game and suddenly we have the worst injury crisis of all time.

Mitchell withstanding we haven't lost a key player for months and months as is being made out.
Are you saying the injury toll was insignificant therefore the poor run can essentially be blamed on poor management?

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
The injuries were made worse because of the clubs shocking recruitment in the final 3rd of the pitch.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but did we cross the threshold of being mathematically safe today?

suffolklad

Your very quick at calling others clowns. Yet we clowns have been proven right and GC and the team have pulled it around. Its a pity that you just will no admit it.
Ps i here your moving to Suffolk? God help me. Please please pick the part well away from me.