• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Translation of the above :- I am wrong and I am not going to bother to try and find anything that proves it.
I'm not trying to prove anything.

If there has been vitriol towards GC, I'd be interested to see it. You seem to feel (slightly unnervingly) strongly about the level of 'vitriol' and keep on about it, so I'm surprised you won't take the time to evidence your assertion.

From what I've seen there's been no vitriol, just some forthright and passionate criticism about one of the worst runs in our football clubs history. Often cavaeted with 'I like the bloke, but...'. Nothing personal.

Seems to me you've got your knickers in a bit of a twist over nothing, tbh.

Pobbop

I'm struggling to see why there is now any justification at all for this thread or indeed the fact that, after 4 wins out of 5 including 3 difficult fixtures away from home, as I type this there are 209 fans who would basically walk into ECFC and sack the Manager tomorrow. Really?! Are you all stark raving mad?

And it doesn't work by saying it's all about the style of play or the bigger picture. Many of you were saying "I'd have sacked him after Fleetwood or Bolton [or whatever]" Doesn't the same apply now? Or would you join the Clubs who are enjoying such huge success under new Managers - Carlisle, Fleetwood, Port Vale, Charlton, and a few others including (I'm more reluctant to say) our old mate MT at the Gas, whose last two home matches have been defeats to Fleetwood and Burton and where there are more than a few mutterings on their forum about.....the style of play.

No doubt at all that mistakes were made and compounded by multiple injuries, and there'll almost certainly be further setbacks but basically we're on the up.
Whilst I agree, that the thread is done really, I never mind these threads of ridiculous whining about our various managers over the years, some of which I remember you being involved in a lot,because it stops certain people posting new ones after every shit result, because after all as Exeter fans we'vw never had that many bad results in our time:rolleyes:

Last edited:

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
There was constant and continued s4ite against GC and the board. But,of course, as one of the main culprits you would say that it was justified wouldn't you.

Criticism was justified but what was posted on here went way beyond that.

I am in my late 60's . Dont think theres much more growing to be done.

Now for heavens sake, stop repeating yourself, theres a good chap. Use your energies in a positive way.
The criticism was nothing compared to the Tisdale discussion. I've not seen people resort to name calling etc. the vast majority of this thread is justified at the time of writing.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
The criticism was nothing compared to the Tisdale discussion. I've not seen people resort to name calling etc. the vast majority of this thread is justified at the time of writing.
I'd add to that, criticism doesn't need to be justified in everyone or anyone's eyes. As long as it's not personally abusive, I really don't see why Cannockred or anyone else feels like they should decide what can be criticised or how strongly it can be.

cannockred

It's my opinion, just like you with yours. It's just, with some, your opinion is wrong because it doesnt agree with theirs.

I am not saying you cannot have your opinion, just the manner in which you put it.

Personally, I dont feel that I would have any worries giving my opinions on club matters direct to the person it affects.

I think that hiding behind anonymous user name on a fans forum is cowardly. Hence I dont use facebook, Twitter and all of the others which rely on anonymity.

Anyway, this debate is earning exeweb money😃

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not trying to prove anything.

Seems to me you've got your knickers in a bit of a twist over nothing, tbh.
Inferring that Cannockred wears female undergarments seems a little bit "below the belt" to me BB ! :cool:

lamrobhero

I was uneasy with the GC appointment. Looking back I should have cut him a bit more slack in his first season. A new manager in a new job, projecting himself was always going to be part of the deal though it seemed OTT to me. After the excellent start this season I thought that his football knowledge was coming to the fore - I admit to not knowing much about football. During the slump I was nonplussed. why such a big swing ? Now his post match nterviews have become boring - a good sign to me. His feet are under the table lets see where he can take us.
I voted 'Out' in the slump. Once it was clear he was here for the January transfer window I changed to 'In'.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would suggest that whilst that losing run made us all question our love of the club the only really important thing this season is staying up.
It NEVER made me question my love of our club. It made me question the choice of manager. Simples.

haka

This thread would die a death if you and your mates would stop crying about the fact that a football manager who didn't win a game for 3 months got a bit of stick online.
Come on, you know that is not true. The thread has been kept going for many reasons, but one of the biggest is people repeating - often - that the manager should be sacked.

There is nothing at all unusual about football supporters wanting a manager gone, it happens every day. But there's something very unusual about pretending that's not what happened. You don't have to read through 7000 posts but you could at least remember your own.

JGrecian23

Come on, you know that is not true. The thread has been kept going for many reasons, but one of the biggest is people repeating - often - that the manager should be sacked.

There is nothing at all unusual about football supporters wanting a manager gone, it happens every day. But there's something very unusual about pretending that's not what happened. You don't have to read through 7000 posts but you could at least remember your own.
Think your misunderstanding me. The thread doesn't get bumped up after each win because someone posts Caldwell should be sacked. It gets kept alive by the 'I told you he was amazing' after every draw or win we get.

For the record I still want him out and he has done nothing to convince me that I will enjoy his style of football whilst he is here.

No re-writing of history on my part.