• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Another tough night for the Caldwell out boys. Chin up!
Out of interest, what was your first City game?

denzel

Not seen enough yet to warrant changing my mind - both perfornances were similar to what I've seen before; Wycombe was like Lincoln/Cheltenham and last night looked like the Blackpool game.

All dull as dishwater but points gained that you can't argue with.

After such a run I want to see a proper uptick - the reality is if we don't we are relegated because of the abject failure of 100 days without a win.

Clearly, if he can properly turn it round then he should be backed again, I'd be fine with that

I travel to Reading in hope rather than expectation.
Agree to an extent, but the last two games have shown spirit and organisation which augers well. Of course we run the danger of losing on Monday and falling into the drop zone, but this will possibly be the last game before we get new players so there are still crumbs of optimism.

ChardGrecian

Didn’t go to either game this week but watched both on iFollow and opinion has not changed Caldwell should still be sacked. The two improved performances were because of two academy players Diabate has stabilised the defence and Cox added a little up front. The team seems to be giving it all now and confidence is returning but tactics and Caldwell’s inability to change and adapt to get best out of players remains. Lose to Reading and drop into relegation zone and I fear it will be long way back even if we get reasonable transfers in.

DB9

Not seen enough yet to warrant changing my mind - both perfornances were similar to what I've seen before; Wycombe was like Lincoln/Cheltenham and last night looked like the Blackpool game.

All dull as dishwater but points gained that you can't argue with.

After such a run I want to see a proper uptick - the reality is if we don't we are relegated because of the abject failure of 100 days without a win.

Clearly, if he can properly turn it round then he should be backed again, I'd be fine with that

I travel to Reading in hope rather than expectation.
ATM for me to really turn 180 is seeing decent daylight between us and the bottom four, Signings would be nice but have to see how they perform too and TBH any signings have got to hit the ground running, We really can't afford to say we have to give them time to bed in, No, not ideal but we only have ourselves to blame for this situation.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another tough night for the Caldwell out boys. Chin up!
Why? A great point earned against top of the league, despite best efforts i, like you want to see us win games. We have won 1 league match in 104 days. Still completely unacceptable

Probably a little early to start to you where wrong all along jibes. Got 2 huge matches coming up that we must win. Lose one or both of them and we are right in it.

Fingers crossed we can find a way to beat Reading and Carlisle

fred binneys head

Out of interest, what was your first City game?
Ipswich 6 City 0.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
the 2 recent results in reality make zero difference to if your “in” or “out” because the club had already stated he was going nowhere regardless and was being given funds in January.

I’m not really in or out , i’m all for patience and giving managers time but on the flip side 1 win in 15 games is still regardless of the recent “upturn” in results awful form.

elginCity

Didn’t go to either game this week but watched both on iFollow and opinion has not changed Caldwell should still be sacked. The two improved performances were because of two academy players Diabate has stabilised the defence and Cox added a little up front. The team seems to be giving it all now and confidence is returning but tactics and Caldwell’s inability to change and adapt to get best out of players remains. Lose to Reading and drop into relegation zone and I fear it will be long way back even if we get reasonable transfers in.
So the team’s improvement is solely due to GC changing the back line and selecting Diabate, as well as changing the attack by recalling and selecting Cox.

Yet you still want the man to lose his job because of his ‘ inability’ to change and adapt to get the best out of his players, and his ‘tactics’ ?

You acknowledge the effort, endeavour and returning confidence, the 4 points gained from opponents including the current league leaders, so what more effective ‘tactics’ could and should have been employed in your opinion ?

kuznetsov

I would prefer a change but if he got a reprieve after 0-9 and 0-7 he'll definitely have another now. Might as well go all in and get a bit of siege mentality going. Geddon City!

berniesworld

If we finish the season mid table and stay up I might just warm to him a little bit.

But then again…………

#StillCaldwellOut