• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

Bat Fastard

Needs to be a Stanno type giant flag with Caldwell Out going along the big bank. Should send a clear enough message methinks
can we raise money via a crowdfunding campaign?

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
There you have it … “A sustainable L1 team” is the medium term plan, according to GC, which largely hinges on securing the services of a goal scoring No 9 in Jan. No pressure there then. Stick or twist ? No easy answer.

ExmouthMart

Stadium and Facilties

John Smith: Facilities Manager
Kevin Instance: Safety Officer
Colin Baker: Waste Control Operative

Safeguarding

Kay Crawford: Matchday Operations Manager and Lead Designated Safeguarding Officer

I’d imagine it’s one of the above responsible directly for the stewards but obviously someone on the board will be pulling the strings. Personally this is something that completely changes the tone of ’Caldwell out’ if there is a directive to suppress protest. I watched the game on ifollow and you could quite clearly see the banner. It wasn’t blocking anyone’s view and if people on the board/boards are bothered by that it’s pathetic. As others have said this is our club apparently but only on other people’s terms. Obviously people are worried if the Manager goes their position may become untenable and they may no longer be able to prosper by association or will have to get a proper job. Wasn’t there a reluctance at board level to deal with Tisdale, hence why the trust members forced the issue?! Might be more tricky this time as the trust chairman is closely associated with the manager having appointed the CEO who came up with the recruitment initiative that gave us the stand out candidate………

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
There you have it … “A sustainable L1 team” is the medium term plan, according to GC, which largely hinges on securing the services of a goal scoring No 9 in Jan. No pressure there then. Stick or twist ? No easy answer.
I'm very nervous about an excessively "marquee" solution to this problem that is a flop. The big name, big salary player that for some reason fancies a spell with us. Nicky Ajose, but on a larger scale. We dont need a brilliant number 9, we need a normal functioning set of forward options, that might include a quick guy, a big guy, an old guy, a youngster with potential, etc. we're not a single hero short... That's a dangerous trap to fall into IMO.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wonder what the reaction would be if it said Caldwell IN
I'm getting a couple of 'Caldwell In' banners knocked up as we speak.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm very nervous about an excessively "marquee" solution to this problem that is a flop. The big name, big salary player that for some reason fancies a spell with us. Nicky Ajose, but on a larger scale. We dont need a brilliant number 9, we need a normal functioning set of forward options, that might include a quick guy, a big guy, an old guy, a youngster with potential, etc. we're not a single hero short... That's a dangerous trap to fall into IMO.
Yes.

And what if the marquee #9 signing immediately has a bad injury?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes.

Every club up and down the football league has three or four centre forwards/strikers to pick from. It's baffling that we don't. Fancy we should spend some money, but on a number of players that have resale potential. Investments. If there's one old codger in the mix, so be it.

I remember when Bristol Rovers sold Barry Hayles(?) back in the day, they brought in Jason Roberts and Jamie Cureton with the proceeds... Really what we should've (and now should) do with Nombe.

I want Caldwell gone ASAP, but I'm less stressed about him wasting transfer money than I think many are. The players he's actually brought in have been largely decent, IMO.

Anyone got any names? Michael Mellon on loan at Morecambe from Burnley (Micky Mellon's son)... Scored a lot of goals in league two. Do Burnley rate him to keep him, or is he buyable? Realistic? Maybe not, but the type of option we should be looking at, I think.

Memphis09

Ash.
Firstly may I say that, given my belief that you and your mucker have been volunteering at SJP for many moons, I am so sad and and angry that stewards directed by club employees choose to act against free speech from a fellow Grecian.
If you are indeed a Trust Member just a courteous reminder that :-

1. OUR TRUST'S HANDBOOK gloriously headlined by the strapline "WE OWN OUR FOOTBALL CLUB" apparently underwritten by the Football Supporters Association (FSA) has statements in it like :-

"The Exeter City AFC Supporters Society (the Trust) was set up in 2000 as a vehicle for supporters of Exeter City Football Club to come together democratically and represent the interests of ECFC supporters and benefit the community that the club serves. The Society’s objects are to benefit the community by: • Being the democratic and representative voice of the supporters of the Club and strengthening the bonds between the Club and the communities that it serves. • Achieving the greatest possible supporter and community influence in the running and ownership of the club. • Promoting responsible and constructive community engagement by present and future members of the communities served by the club and encouraging the club to do the same."

2. OUR Trust Rules (enforced by the Financial Conduct Authority) include the following statement :-

"3. Objects The Trust’s objects are, either itself or through a subsidiary company or society trading for the benefit of the community and acting under its control: 3.1 to ensure that the Club is properly governed and takes proper account of the interests of its supporters and of the community, and that professional football continues in Exeter with the appropriate facilities; 3.2 to ensure that the Trust has its views taken into account by the Club and that it holds the appropriate places on the Club’s Board and Sub Boards; 3.3 to operate democratically, fairly, sustainably, transparently and with financial responsibility and encouraging the Club to do the same; 3.4 to be a positive, inclusive, and representative organisation, open and accessible to all supporters of the Club regardless of their age, income, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality or religious or moral belief(s) and without discrimination of any kind; 3.5 to encourage and promote the principle of supporter representation in football clubs and democratic ownership of them; and 3.6 to communicate appropriately with Members."

Given more evidence of clear breaches of Handbook statements / Rules in OUR supposed FAN OWNED CLUB, at risk of losing my Trust Membership under 6.3. ("The Trust Board shall have power to refuse membership to any person who does not in the opinion of the Trust Board meet these requirements and shall inform that person of the reason(s) for that decision in writing") I intend writing to various grown ups and, if the Trust Board decides NOT to honour it's OWN policies, report them for investigation by the both the Financial Conduct Authority & the Football Supporters Association.

Getting last nights draconian actions reported in the next FSA newsletter and national papers might bring the Trust claimed "Rosey" supposed Trust model some publicity it deserves.

I thank all those that have given us the last 20 years but fear that the current Trust "controlling mind" has lost the representative plot.
UTC & apologies to you Ash - if it's any solace I will always buy my 50:50 tickets from you but fully understand if you withdraw your labour for a while until the "controlling mind" decides to recognise democracy.

I am more than happy
The problem as well you put ordinary folk in a jacket or coat that’s says Steward and they immediately think they are billy boots
My wife who is in her 60s has a very small handbag searched every game apparently it’s dangerous to bring perfume in the game
It just stinks of over reaction
Hope you get my pun lol

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd be too busy getting my head round Micky Mellon thinking it was a good idea to call his son Micheal Mellon.

The Ukrainian at Swansea not in the squad again.

Red Monster

Yes.

That why we need more than one striker, not sure any of us are
expecting a so called marquee signing.
There’s a few exciting young goal scoring strikers playing in
the national league we could bid for.

Reactions: Ash