• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bury - Liquid Refreshments

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks for the info....The Grecians have not won at Gigg Lane since 1931,so the pre-match ale could be vital!..

Elton White

Thanks for the info....The Grecians have not won at Gigg Lane since 1931,so the pre-match ale could be vital!..
1931...there's a stat for our board!!!
Hope it's a good game, but under Knill, we're 1000% better than when we last played you. We were very lucky to win, we were awful before the new gaffer took over. Aldershot on Saturday was very strange. 3-0 up and then 10 minutes saw us going home with a point. However, as soon as they scored that first goal, those bloody fans (respect to a loyal bunch) grabed the team by the scruff of the neck and pushed them on. We went home disapointed, but we would have taken a draw away to them before the match.
That place is a fortress, but so is Gigg lane now, we put an extra 1000 home fans bums on seats last home game!!!
Hope we all have a good day on Saturday, whatever the result.

LammieLammieLammie

I should be making the trip to Gigg Lane this year following a failed attempt last season.
"A failed attempt"

Is that what I would call a hangover? :D

Jim Shepherd

Last year we went here pre match, about 5 min walk from the Metro terminus, then 10 to the ground.

http://www.therosencrown.co.uk/

Antony Moxey

Happy days. One in, one out.
Lol - and despite my protestations they still let you and Morrish in! Wasn't their half of the club almost empty, and they weren't allowed to fit any more in because we had taken up all the numbers on our side? Quite funny peeking through to see an area twice the size of the SJC with about five people in it, and then seeing regulars turned away becuase of overcrowding!

Twas a good day, shame I can't make it this year. :(

ronniej

My family live in Bury and the town has a great selection of boozers within walking distance of Manchester road

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Duly noted for this week's Preview!

Jean Jeannie

Hoping to go to this one - depends on partner's "man flu". Thinking about an early start and get to the World Famous Bury Market - I understand they sell nice pies - not sure about the hot black pudding or black peas though. Then a trip down the town centre for some "liquid freshment" for before going onto the match. Will need to book a hotel but will leave it to the last minute in case "man flu" gets a tighter grip. A visit to the Trafford Centre on the way home would be good too. :)

lancsgrecian

The Rose and Crown (Manchester Old rd) is between the tram and the ground, highly recommended real ale pub, usually a buffet on match day too

Jean Jeannie

Hoping to go to this one - depends on partner's "man flu". Thinking about an early start and get to the World Famous Bury Market - I understand they sell nice pies - not sure about the hot black pudding or black peas though. Then a trip down the town centre for some "liquid freshment" for before going onto the match. Will need to book a hotel but will leave it to the last minute in case "man flu" gets a tighter grip. A visit to the Trafford Centre on the way home would be good too. :)
Looks like it'll be a case of tuning into Radio Devon to listen to the game and a frozen pie for dinner tomorrow. As for "liquid refreshments" that'll be hot lemsip with a side order of vitamin C. :(