• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Burton Albion V Exeter City Official Match Day Thread

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Chill out everyone, it’s comfortable under the radar, and it’s where SGC would want to be.

Shhhhhhhh………

andrew p long

It seems some people just can't bring themselves to say anything positive about us. The BBC's match report starts; 'Exeter get second straight win on the road at 10 man Burton"
It makes it sound like we got lucky and capitalised on playing a side reduced to 10 men to get our win. I mean ffs, what was it, the 94th minute when their player got sent off!!!
Indeed. This is done quite regularly in match reports; if a side has a player sent off the opening line nearly always describes them as '10 man...' even where its wildly misleading (such as ' 10 man team win 4-0 ' when the sending off was way after they scored the 4 goals!)

It's almost as if reporters are programmed to insert that phrase....or perhaps with AI they already are!

pct333

What did the rankin injury look like? Precautionary or more serious? We have very little margin for error injury obviously and unfortunately.
When I spoke to him after the game he said that he had tweaked his hamstring. :(

fred binneys head

Tweaked is better than torn 👍👍👍

yticretexe

Tweaked is better than torn 👍👍👍
I also wouldn't trust a players diagnoses :D

fred binneys head

Yeah fair enough, but surely he would have known if it was really bad.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I also wouldn't trust a players diagnoses :D
Don't think there'd be doubt in anyone's mind if he had torn his hamstring.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great atmosphere in the away end yesterday. The link between the fans and this team is truly special and while I’m sure there will be some tough results during the season, I think together this can be a truly special season. The football we are playing is the best since the 89/90 promotion season and I think making the playoffs is a realistic target.

With us on such a good run I wonder if the club is considering asking for next Saturday’s game to be postponed with two players away on international duty? I know it has to be three, but is there any chance of the Admiral being called up by Cameroon? If that did happen, would we then ask for it to be postponed? Part of me wants the team to keep playing, but with Kite, Scott and now Rankine injured as well, having the game postponed if we can might be the best option.
Can we ask for the postponement now please?