• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Buckle off to the Gas ?

Early Bath

Re: Buckle to go to Bristol

Yes.........

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster

and see the Rob Edwards to Torquay thread.

MODS!!!

and what impact will it have on us? Which players will Buckle seek to get?

pedropete

PAUL Buckle will be confirmed as Bristol Rovers' new manager within the next 24 hours.

The Torquay United boss has told directors at Plainmoor he will be leaving the Devon club, after four years in charge, following their 1-0 weekend defeat in the League Two play-off final against Stevenage.

And the 40-year-old was in Bristol yesterday for talks with the Pirates to finalise the terms of his move to the Memorial Stadium.

Officials at Torquay had been bracing themselves for Buckle's expected departure, whether or not the Gulls won promotion.

Rovers were forced to wait before naming the man who will take charge of their new campaign in League Two because of the Devon club's play-off involvement.

But with the Gulls' future now settled, the way is clear for the Pirates to officially announce his appointment.

He was installed as odds-on favourite by the bookies several weeks ago and they have since stopped taking bets on him.

Buckle will become the fifth man to take charge of Rovers in less than six months

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster

and see the Rob Edwards to Torquay thread.

MODS!!!

and what impact will it have on us? Which players will Buckle seek to get?
will jamie cureton be joining him?

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster

will jamie cureton be joining him?
I cant see it personally

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster

I cant see it personally
that issue with one of the directors? Hopefully we will know whether hes staying or going soon

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster

that issue with one of the directors? Hopefully we will know whether hes staying or going soon
Have spoken to Rovers fans 'in the know' and the said incident didnt happen and it was actually another Rovers player who was naughty but Jamie was scapegoated and singled out as the naughty one. I am inclined to believe them....but if you of course speak to Bristol City fans then it was Jamie!!!

LammieLammieLammie

now that Bucks has finally gone, it will be interesting to see what Jamie does. Does Bucks look to build for the future, or does he take a punt on bringing home the local hero. If he DOES manage to land JC it will undoubtedly be seen as a positive thing by the locals.

One thing that people seem to have overlooked is Jamies "longevity" factor. People are talking about him finishing his career at the Gas, and I still think he can... but one more season in L1 wouldn't hurt... He's got more than one more season in him I think.

now that Bucks has finally gone, it will be interesting to see what Jamie does. Does Bucks look to build for the future, or does he take a punt on bringing home the local hero. If he DOES manage to land JC it will undoubtedly be seen as a positive thing by the locals.

One thing that people seem to have overlooked is Jamies "longevity" factor. People are talking about him finishing his career at the Gas, and I still think he can... but one more season in L1 wouldn't hurt... He's got more than one more season in him I think.
Will it come down solely to money ? Length of contract meaning money of course.

elginCity

He's got more than one more season in him I think.
Surprised you even think that, having played the game yourself. Age can creep up, but can also take you by surprise. Mid-30s pro footballers it could happen anytime, the legs just go.

Alistair should apologise to his sauce, questioning his reliability like that. :D