• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bsp

SmallHat.

Football wise, no way.

Coverage wise, a bit.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
i do miss all of our local derbies
What "local" like Forest Green Rovers (only 100 miles away) and Weymouth (only 60, but a slow grind on one of the most scenic roads in the country)! The Turks only came into it in the latter stages of our exile in the Conf!

The only thing I miss about the BSP Conf is the amount of wins we chalked up, but I prefer to be associated with proper league clubs. The likes of Rochdale, Bradford City, Port Vale, Notts County, Bury and Brentford have been in the league for a long time, and I'll always link them to the football league results being read out on the old BBC Grandstand programme, and later, following the wrestling on ITV!

No way! Even if we lost every week I wouldn’t miss bsp. Also we get on the TV more. Every Friday and Sunday night you can here me screaming at my dad to get in the room because there is about 2 seconds of Exeter playing on the box.

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loved us in division 4, I loved us in division 3, I loved us in league 2, I loved us in the conference and I still love us in league 2.

Looking back the exit of the conference makes it a wholly enjoyable time, the only things we did not achieve were winning the FA Trophy which I think is an excellent competition and much better than the league cup. We also did not win the league, but that would take away winning at Wembley.

I miss turning up to a town (or village) where no one knows a game is on and then struggling to a 1-0 win.

Would I want to be there still? No, but do I miss it? In some ways yes. I have a great affection for the place, it brought us all together and it brought us some amazing memories as well as ownership and responsibility. We are at the forefront of the Trust movement and we do have an exciting young manager playing some of the nicest football we have seen for years and it could be exciting times ahead.

I hope we draw a conference team in the FA Cup away so we can really see how far we have come in 6 months.

flakey pasty

Nice one, Oli.

Oli

the FA Trophy which I think is an excellent competition and much better than the league cup.
I meant JPT not league cup.

No way. We are now playing teams with history, pedigree, decent grounds and large number of fans. We have played Bradford, Notts county, Luton all who have played in the top flight in the last 20 years. Also we are getting closer to Argyle.

tisdale 1

Resigned
No way. We are now playing teams with history, pedigree, decent grounds and large number of fans. We have played Bradford, Notts county, Luton all who have played in the top flight in the last 20 years. Also we are getting closer to Argyle.
And there getting closer to us by the week!;)

Oldsmobile-88

5 years of pure hell IMO. I hope the lessons have been learned; and we never end up back there.
A little harsh...I enjoyed following a succesful team for a change...I do not think the Grecians will end up outside the FL in the near future.We have gone from strength to strength in the past 5 years..

Last edited:

Phil Sayers

I do not miss it but I did enjoy it. Unlike some I would much prefer being a good BSP side than a continually struggling League side. However that does not mean I am not delighted we have been promoted as I am convinced that, over time, we will continue to prosper this time round.

My experiences of City have been five years of misery (bar a mighty 12th) followed by five years of joy. Here is to continuing that success rather than reverting to the shambles we were on and off the pitch when I first started watching.

I guess it comes down to how long you have supported the club - those who rememer the seventies and the early nineties will inevitably have more of a dislike at our loss of 'status' than those whose only recollections of the FL were us being sh*te.