• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bristol Rovers Matchday Thread

tricolor

Sandy park??

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lots of sand was coming up when players were passing or shooting etc, could be dangerous, it was like beach football at times.

oldbutwise

Lots of sand was coming up when players were passing or shooting etc, could be dangerous, it was like beach football at times.
i agree, didn't think it helped our passing game at times because it kept bobbling up and slowing the passing tempo down :/

older-codger

Don't understand why the pitch needs so much sand. Normally this is to improve drainage but surely there can't be a problem there can there? Sand packs down very hard and could make the pitch rather a bit bumpy with any rolling.

Antony Moxey

Don't understand why the pitch needs so much sand.
Then speak to Clive. I'm sure he'd be happy to explain.

Antony Moxey

Why could it be dangerous?

wemissmoxey

Why could it be dangerous?
Because the surface is inconsistent, could studs / blades get caught in the sand ?

Antony Moxey

The surface isn't inconsistent though, and how will studs get caught? It's not beach depth, just sprinkled over the surface. And walking over it is like walking on a carpet.

wemissmoxey

The surface isn't inconsistent though, and how will studs get caught? It's not beach depth, just sprinkled over the surface. And walking over it is like walking on a carpet.
Well maybe it is fine, I don't know either way.

All I would say is that I have not seen many games where so much sand has come each time a player has kicked the ball.

Last edited:

rifraf

Well step up Liam Sercombe a great game ! my mom by miles. UTC
On the nose for me too - by miles.