• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Boxing Day Match - Newport County Tickets - Tickets Selling Fast!

exeter-loyal

Wasn't BFB the ref against FGR when it was called off at half time around Christmas?
Yes it was that w****r!!

i8cornwall

I am determined to help City fill the ground exactly 143 seats now left in the whole ground. If I can do one thing while waiting in for Xmas parcels and furniture today it will be this....Up the City! Operation sell the Boxing Day seats! I make that about £1859 in Xmas revenue for players. :) Let us put down a marker at the same time! Maybe the Red Legion will come out for this one as well.
As someone who claimed to be in touch/involved with us while running for election surly you would know if we are coming or not?

Matt Russell

I've got a spare set of divining rods if anyone wants help in spotting a bull$hitter.

Boyo

Have a look at the free kick, sending off and the penalty decision given to that lot down the road and then question if his loyalties lay elsewhere ! To see how they won a game.
Just had a look. I think some of those decisions are border line at worst. Happy when they go for you, but disappointed when against. None of them are poor tbf.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think that was before A-S section was opened. just under 130 left overall now in the seats. The club ticket site gets adjusted. But agree the tickets are selling very well. I Can see a seat sell out after sales on Saturday at the Walsall game. That would suggest over a 5000 gate overall and probably over 6000 overall. Our average is staring to rise back up to levels when we were in League '1'. If we maintain our form than it might stay over 5000 come the end of the of the season. Which for budgets would be massive for the club. We are building under Matt Taylor. The style of football helps it has to be said.
"A great sell-out would suggest over a 5000 gate? ". Mate, your recent posts about number of seats sold have got me totally confused.
As for you being determined to get a sell-out if it's the last thing you ever do, apart from preaching to the converted here on Exeweb as a self-styled cheer leader, what have you done to ensure a sell - out?
I notice you also commented about the sales dept : do you think they haven't promoted the Newport match sufficiently?

AL_Yates

"A great sell-out would suggest over a 5000 gate? ". Mate, your recent posts about number of seats sold have got me totally confused.
As for you being determined to get a sell-out if it's the last thing you ever do, apart from preaching to the converted here on Exeweb as a self-styled cheer leader, what have you done to ensure a sell - out?
I notice you also commented about the sales dept : do you think they haven't promoted the Newport match sufficiently?
If you read my posts I refer to seats selling fast, I never suggested a sell-out for the game. (I love social media and a PC to confuse :) ), the number of seats sold suggest a bumper gate. In terms of being a 'cheer leader' I was raising awareness so some people dont miss out on a seat. I have an elderly parent who is not internet aware in the family, he would never dream of buying online. I am sure others in this day and age fall into that category. If I lived in Exeter and was involved in this area, which I am not, there are a few other avenues I would explore to boost sales of matches. In recent times they club has certainly gone up a level, but certainly more to do.

I have been following other clubs media for sometime to understand what they do for tickets sales, and some are quite innovative. Salford use the pricing model that is much lower. Colchester won the family club award in 2015? I think and have a range of family and group incentives. Others use seat sales count downs, Walsall tweet away ticket sales to boost their away travelers. So many ideas out there. I think we could deploy other mechanisms to enhance ticket sales.

There are obvious opportunities, not sure how they are executed in Exeter and the area. My community club in my town give out incentives, I have a parents youth Academy season ticket due to my lad playing for the club, it gets my lad free entry and me reduced gate entry. The rare occasion I watch them I end up buying food, a pint and watch some cheap football.

You could deploy a range of ideas....

- Schools given discount vouchers for family ticket reductions.
- Youth football discounts - these are done I think?
- Seniors discounts through local organisations.
- Military discounts.
- Increase the PR advertising Boards around the City - love them!
- Awareness in local towns with discount vouchers.
- Online discounts for early booking to reduce admin costs and increase advanced sales.
- Promo teams dispatched around local towns and villages to raise awareness.
- New supporter discount for first time online ticket sales.
- Single parent family incentives - MK Dons do a cracking family ticket package.
- The Trust could flash mob the city and towns with shirt wearing fans to raise awareness of the club in all the communities. Handing out a few free prize draw tickets for match day tickets.
- Local radio competition for a pair of free tickets daily.....an occasional 1-week promo...could be aimed at the Walsall game for the equivalent fixture next year. The City Xmas ticket giveaway.

The Rugby club and other sports events compete with the club. There are loads of things that could be done to encourage people to support a community football club. The match today could have been offered as a promo code online, as a pre-Xmas reduction to encourage people to come. Lots could be done. These need to be targeted and not all at the same time. Not all the above ideas would work, but perhaps testing the water on some would reap benefits.

If I got one person to come that was not going, raising awareness has been a success. Only 109 left by the way for Newport and with match day today every chance that will improve with a good result today. It has been on my part just a small way of helping the club from a distance. My lad has a big match day today with his Academy and therefore I am not travelling down. That said 3 games last week from the Midlands, I need a rest :)

Get yourself up the City. Boxing Day cant wait.

You Reds

IndoMike

If you read my posts I refer to seats selling fast, I never suggested a sell-out for the game. (I love social media and a PC to confuse :) ), the number of seats sold suggest a bumper gate. In terms of being a 'cheer leader' I was raising awareness so some people dont miss out on a seat. I have an elderly parent who is not internet aware in the family, he would never dream of buying online. I am sure others in this day and age fall into that category. If I lived in Exeter and was involved in this area, which I am not, there are a few other avenues I would explore to boost sales of matches. In recent times they club has certainly gone up a level, but certainly more to do.

I have been following other clubs media for sometime to understand what they do for tickets sales, and some are quite innovative. Salford use the pricing model that is much lower. Colchester won the family club award in 2015? I think and have a range of family and group incentives. Others use seat sales count downs, Walsall tweet away ticket sales to boost their away travelers. So many ideas out there. I think we could deploy other mechanisms to enhance ticket sales.

There are obvious opportunities, not sure how they are executed in Exeter and the area. My community club in my town give out incentives, I have a parents youth Academy season ticket due to my lad playing for the club, it gets my lad free entry and me reduced gate entry. The rare occasion I watch them I end up buying food, a pint and watch some cheap football.

- Military discounts.
- Online discounts for early booking to reduce admin costs and increase advanced sales.
- Single parent family incentives - MK Dons do a cracking family ticket package.
- The Trust could flash mob the city and towns with shirt wearing fans to raise awareness of the club in all the communities. Handing out a few free prize draw tickets for match day tickets.
- Local radio competition for a pair of free tickets daily.....an occasional 1-week promo...could be aimed at the Walsall game for the equivalent fixture next year. The City Xmas ticket giveaway.

The Rugby club and other sports events compete with the club. There are loads of things that could be done to encourage people to support a community football club. The match today could have been offered as a promo code online, as a pre-Xmas reduction to encourage people to come. Lots could be done. These need to be targeted and not all at the same time. Not all the above ideas would work, but perhaps testing the water on some would reap benefits.

If I got one person to come that was not going, raising awareness has been a success. Only 109 left by the way for Newport and with match day today every chance that will improve with a good result today. It has been on my part just a small way of helping the club from a distance. My lad has a big match day today with his Academy and therefore I am not travelling down. That said 3 games last week from the Midlands, I need a rest :)

You Reds
On Tuesday you said "seats are close to a sell -out". You are so full of bs you can't even remember what you say..
I guess if it's a sell-out you'll claim all the glory, just because you posted about the match on Exeweb? You think people on Exeweb don't know about the Boxng Day match.and they need you to remind me them.
I'm not interested in your long-winded post.
Didn't you learn from the Trust elections that City is not about you ? You are not a significant factor in ticket sales, level of enthusiasm for the game, or anything else.

Reactions: WXF
On Tuesday you said "seats are close to a sell -out". You are so full of bs you can't even remember what you say..
I guess if it's a sell-out you'll claim all the glory, just because you posted about the match on Exeweb? You think people on Exeweb don't know about the Boxng Day match.and they need you to remind me them.
I'm not interested in your long-winded post.
Didn't you learn from the Trust elections that City is not about you ? You are not a significant factor in ticket sales, level of enthusiasm for the game, or anything else.
TheManFromDelMonte.

He says.......he never learns anything.....I wouldn't be surprised if he organised a "Best City fan ever" competition to raise awareness of/money for the club.....and then voted for himself.

👍

IndoMike

TheManFromDelMonte.

He says.......he never learns anything.....I wouldn't be surprised if he organised a "Best City fan ever" competition to raise awareness of/money for the club.....and then voted for himself.

[/QUOTE}

🙄🙄

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong

- Military discounts.

You Reds
You should run for the Trust with ideas like that Al !