• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Boxing Day Match - Newport County Tickets - Tickets Selling Fast!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
He rendered them great service last Saturday!
I didn't follow that. His heart ruled his whistle, then.

Andy Holloway

I swear that Brett Huxtable wouldnt get Exeter City home matches if the FA realised he only lives 40 miles away in Barnstaple. I cant understand why the club doesnt protest about his appointment. If his location was brought to their attention, they'd definitely appoint someone else, from the Bristol area, or even further. Whether fans love him or loathe him, it would be deemed that he lived far too near to Exeter to not be biased. He must be surprised he's got away with it for so long.
I know the FA/EFL are incompetent but i'm sure even they know a bit of UK geography, even when they send their referees their Christmas card possibly someone writing the address realises they've written DEVON on it!
As to the club protesting, maybe they're not as wound up/anti by BH as fans are!

PeteUSA

I know the FA/EFL are incompetent but i'm sure even they know a bit of UK geography, even when they send their referees their Christmas card possibly someone writing the address realises they've written DEVON on it!
As to the club protesting, maybe they're not as wound up/anti by BH as fans are!
Knowing a bit about the sensibility and fairness of referee appointments as I do, theres no way the FA would condone Huxtables extreme closeness to Exeter. I bet if his location was brought to their attention he'd be taken off of our game. He'll know what he's getting away with, particularly on Boxing Day when he'll be back home with the family by teatime.

PeteUSA

The danger is that subconsciously Huxtable might overcompensate and favour the opposition to avoid accusations of bias in favour of City. (I know that's stating the bleeding obvious).

I wouldnt rule that out Mike, human nature and all that.

AL_Yates

A hard sell on the tickets by the club and the seats may sell out for this game. I reckon lass than 120 seats left in the whole ground. In most sections apart from AS9 A-Section it is mainly odd seats now. I reckon a win on Saturday would seal a real bumper Xmas crows. Just before the transfer window those extra funds would make a real difference. Walsall tickets are picking up as well. Encourage people to get down to City. Encourage visiting family who are football fans down the Park. Would be great to follow on Salford away with a great home crowd. After all we have a platform for the rest of the season now. We have a new signing now with Ajose fit again as well. UTC

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
You may as well bang your head against a brick wall.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Block A in the SASS now available

AL_Yates

I am determined to help City fill the ground exactly 143 seats now left in the whole ground. If I can do one thing while waiting in for Xmas parcels and furniture today it will be this....Up the City! Operation sell the Boxing Day seats! I make that about £1859 in Xmas revenue for players. :) Let us put down a marker at the same time! Maybe the Red Legion will come out for this one as well.

IndoMike

I am determined to help City fill the ground exactly 143 seats now left in the whole ground. If I can do one thing while waiting in for Xmas parcels and furniture today it will be this....Up the City! Operation sell the Boxing Day seats! I make that about £1859 in Xmas revenue for players. :) Let us put down a marker at the same time! Maybe the Red Legion will come out for this one as well.
Is there a breakdown of tickets sold for
Stands
Big Bank
Away fans

?

AL_Yates

IndoMike you just look on the website and look at the section sales within the tickets area. For the Big Bank it always says 20+ until full to capacity. The other areas show the seats left. Mainly singles left or pairs in most sections apart from A-section AS9. Fair to say tickets will continue to sell well. A win Saturday would seal the deal, I think the team deserve some good followings. We all know the difference an extra 200-300 on the gate means to our club. For the away fans it is unclear unless they message on their own twitter accounts. The club marketing should be really banging the drum locally about ticket sales selling well. the local press etc. If I can do one thing from a distance then this appears to be my main optiion. #gettothepark #bringafriend #bringthefamily Made a mistake 151 left #opps

Last edited: