• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Boateng signs for MK Dons

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ridiculous that after half a season the efl still hasn't held the tribunal. Tinpot doesn't cover it, any money we get could in theory fund a loan should we need one for a left back due to our injuries.
The way his career has been going at MK Dons it will probably be us who has to compensate them 🤣!

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ridiculous that after half a season the efl still hasn't held the tribunal. Tinpot doesn't cover it, any money we get could in theory fund a loan should we need one for a left back due to our injuries.
Agree that it is ridiculous, but not sure (for once ! ) that the EFL is to blame. Surely it is the FA who are responsible for player registrations ?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree that it is ridiculous, but not sure (for once ! ) that the EFL is to blame. Surely it is the FA who are responsible for player registrations ?
The Professional Football Compensation Committee is an independent body but I believe it is constructed under both Premier League and EFL regulations.

Colesman Ballz

The Professional Football Compensation Committee is an independent body but I believe it is constructed under both Premier League and EFL regulations.
Thanks Martin ! With that lineage, little wonder that it is not "fit for purpose" then !

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its lucky we're not desperate for the cash. If it was Macclesfield or another struggling club would they sort it out sooner?

Quality footballer.
Not - ran around aimlessly, other players continually covered him, so one footed it was ridiculous, scored a couple of worldy’s which got him a move and Tis needed his comfort blanket of known players around him.

IndoMike

Since everyone keeps asking about the compensation for Boateng, might be good if the club could update us on the situation: they pretty well kept us informed on the Ampadu situation. Or perhaps it's because it's a relatively small amount of money so they're not sweating about it. Good to keep it in the public domain, however.

Colesman Ballz

Since everyone keeps asking about the compensation for Boateng, might be good if the club could update us on the situation: they pretty well kept us informed on the Ampadu situation. Or perhaps it's because it's a relatively small amount of money so they're not sweating about it. Good to keep it in the public domain, however.
All depends on how you interpret "relatively" I suppose. The last time we went to a tribunal over a midfielder whom we signed from a Premier League Club, was of course James Dunne on his transfer to Satanage. The basic fee we received was £80k plus add ons, which eventually took it into six figures. We all seem to be wildly celebrating our £40k win on Saturday, with you yourself speculating on how that could be used on strengthening the team in the window. Lets not start turning our noses up at potentially pocketing three times that amount. We may have grown accustomed to pocketing much larger fees, but as Joe Tesco keeps reminding us, "every little helps" !

Last edited:

StudentGrecian

The way his career has been going at MK Dons it will probably be us who has to compensate them 🤣!
This is the thing with tribunals!
Arguably the wait got us more money for Ampadu, with premier league appearances and Wales caps.
Whereas Boateng’s stock has probably reduced since leaving and we’ll be set for less than we could have got, even if it was going to be peanuts anyway!

IndoMike

All depends on how you interpret "relatively" I suppose. The last time we went to a tribunal over a midfielder whom we signed from a Premier League Club, was of course James Dunne on his transfer to Satanage. The basic fee we received was £80k plus add ons, which eventually took it into six figures. We all seem to be wildly celebrating our £40k win on Saturday, with you yourself speculating on how that could be used on strengthening the team in the window. Lets not start turning our noses up at potentially pocketing three times that amount. We may have grown accustomed to pocketing much larger fees, but as Joe Tesco keeps reminding us, "every little helps" !
Ballzy : Did I post speculating on how we could spend the money from the Leasing money? I don't recall that. I might have said that we need cover for left-side, but as I remember that was general comment, not linked to the Leasing money. It's no big deal if I did or didn't, but getting older I need to check my memory isn't starting to malfunction (but short-term memory is 🙄 )
I certainly wasn't turning my nose up about the Boateng money : I was just speculating why there seems to be no news about it and why maybe the club wasn't kicking up about it. I did say a "relatively" small amount, which compared to Grimes, Wheeler, Watkins, Storey, Stanfield, Ampadu and even probably Jay Stanfield it probably is. Doesn't mean I personally am belittling it, though.