• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Blue and yellow striped away end?

Lister

It looks a bloody shambles, sort it out! (I don't just mean the fences but the entire away end)
Are you volunteering to join a work party to "sort it out"? I'm sure we can get it looking good on a Sunday soon...

Who's in?

Lister

I belive our ground is fast becoming the laughing stock of leauge 1, come on let's put in place plans to improve our ground or let move on and build a bigger and better ground outside of the city center
The decision to stay has already been made, and plans to upgrade the ground are in progress.

chunkymorrinmunter

I think they arrived like that.
bought them cheap from torquay united, obvious isnt it

Cravat 2

I belive our ground is fast becoming the laughing stock of leauge 1, come on let's put in place plans to improve our ground or let move on and build a bigger and better ground outside of the city center
The feck it is! I love our ground and I would hate to see it replaced by a lifeless, half-empty shell like so many other clubs.

Cowshed Life

These are indeed from HSS Hire and the colours are that of the company. There are used as a safety measure in games with an increased attendance in the Away End, such as vs Sheff Weds. These ensure the cost of stewarding and policing was kept down for the club for a very very mininum out lay. Ok yes they are yellow and blue and yes if people want to paint them red and white then please do, there is no issue there.

But please remember they where put in place as a safety measure and at a very good price...

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
I noticed it at the Sheff Wed game and, at first, thought they'd put a huge flag up or something
They were clear to see at the Weds game, stunned that most have only noticed it now. Maybe most on here are blind? Would explain some of the opinions offered

SGF

They were clear to see at the Weds game, stunned that most have only noticed it now. Maybe most on here are blind? Would explain some of the opinions offered
There's obviously nothing to moan about :D

For me, our away end is legendary. Put yourself in the mind of all those Leeds / Charlton / Saints fans. After about as long a journey as you're going to have all season you walk out on to that terrace (except there isn't really a terrace as it's so flat) without a hint of shelter. Get wet, cold & miserable but maybe cheer yourself up with a delicious drink or mouth-watering snack from the state-of-the art food kiosk. Trudge back to your car winless & you may have started to dry out by the time you get home knowing the glory days are well & truly behind you!!

Why would we want to change it & deny this genuine 'real' football experience. At least they're looking away from that blue & yellow hallucination.

UTC.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
For me, our away end is legendary. Put yourself in the mind of all those Leeds / Charlton / Saints fans. After about as long a journey as you're going to have all season you walk out on to that terrace (except there isn't really a terrace as it's so flat) without a hint of shelter. Get wet, cold & miserable but maybe cheer yourself up with a delicious drink or mouth-watering snack from the state-of-the art food kiosk. Trudge back to your car winless & you may have started to dry out by the time you get home knowing the glory days are well & truly behind you!!

Why would we want to change it & deny this genuine 'real' football experience. At least they're looking away from that blue & yellow hallucination.

UTC.
:D made me larf, especially the "state of the art food kiosk! :D

Red Box

But please remember they where put in place as a safety measure and at a very good price...
You mean we actually paid for it?!

I'm sorry but in many aspects the club is still non-league.

Why has everything got to be done on the cheap yet we can afford to pay for a multitude of suits?