• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Blackpool v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Troy Brown is a worry for me tbh...
Solid enough but I would like to see a proper "league 2" centre half brought in...

Some one who can kick it , head it and intimate people in a battle sadly tisdale won't sign someone like
That

Thames Valley Red

I made a comment prior to the game during the warm up, that I stand by, the team were walking around as if they were going through the motions. A bit of tippy tappy and the odd ball going missing. One of the players called for a ball and Pym twice missed him as they trudged off to start the game. I am very concerned that this team lacks tempo and a passion. This club is about the first team and not developing an ego. The last league game was Luton and therefore I say no more. We have not invested well.

UTFC

TVR

grecian55

The new season starts and the nonsense of playing players out of position continues. All pre-season to find the best formation, no injury worries, simple 4-4-2 line up and our great leader still feels he has to dick around with his tactical masterstrokes to justify his wages.

Seen it all before is the only phrase that springs to mind. It's not even that Woodman is so vital to how the team plays that he has to be on the pitch in the first place. Why on earth play your weakest link out of position? Why play Oakley at all, except in an emergency? He must be the oldest outfield player in the Football League or close to it. Butterfield is younger and has retired.
Tisdale enjoys making mugs out of us travelling supporters going up North doesn't he ? First the Liverpool replay debacle and now this croc of ****e to start the new season off with ,it doesn't enamour us towards him does it ,Arrogance is a oft used word describing Tisdale ,very prevalent at the moment .

malcolms

I made a comment prior to the game during the warm up, that I stand by, the team were walking around as if they were going through the motions. A bit of tippy tappy and the odd ball going missing. One of the players called for a ball and Pym twice missed him as they trudged off to start the game. I am very concerned that this team lacks tempo and a passion. This club is about the first team and not developing an ego. The last league game was Luton and therefore I say no more. We have not invested well.

UTFC

TVR
One games gone guys... I have no idea what the rest of the season will bring (I have my suspicions) but let's give it a few before we run around like headless chickens.....

dontpassback

One games gone guys... I have no idea what the rest of the season will bring (I have my suspicions) but let's give it a few before we run around like headless chickens.....
I fear your suspicions may be the same as mine,but as you say its early days and time will tell,but i dont have a lot of faith in this season being better than the previous one !

On the up

Too early to panic. Just need to settle into games, and inject a bit of drive and pace into our play.
Troy had a mare. It happens. Thought that only Sweeney had a decent game in the back 4. Hopefully we'll get an early goal and get some confidence back into our play on Saturday.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
No doubt it's early days and no one can really get a gauge of how things may pan out until we've played say 10 games...

Saying that with noble or Stockley and no real proven goal scorer signed in the summer I can sadly only see a continuation of the last 3-5 years...

chunkymorrinmunter

Tisdale enjoys making mugs out of us travelling supporters going up North doesn't he ? First the Liverpool replay debacle and now this croc of ****e to start the new season off with ,it doesn't enamour us towards him does it ,Arrogance is a oft used word describing Tisdale ,very prevalent at the moment .
He is a very odd character,to say the least.,the quicker he goes the better,he seems to forget that the fans are his bread and butter.

Last edited:

hardi2b

As i have mentioned in the past, the players are not talentless, it's what they are instructed and coached to do that bring such disastrous results, it is for that reason I would like him and what is now his entourage gone !

UTC

hardi2b

Tisdale is riding on the financial wave created by the coaches and hard work as embodied by Simon Hayward and the academy, get rid of Butterfield , Woodman , Oakley, Harley, T.A.H and bring on the youth. We have a season to go ... plenty of time to bring the youngsters along.