• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Blackpool v Exeter City Official Matchday Thread

eurogrecian

City turnout on Saturday was a very creditable 599.
Shame that they were so poorly rewarded, but I'm sure that there will be better days later in the season.

UTC

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Shame that they were so poorly rewarded, but I'm sure that there will be better days later in the season.

UTC
With reports suggesting there were barely 2000 people in the ground (and that with overestimating the City support at 7-800), the official attendance (not, I believe, announced at the match) being given as 3754 is rather fishy.

One suggestion could be the Blackpool board has bought up a load of STs (as the fans didn't due to the boycott!) and that these were included in the crowd figures.

eurogrecian

With reports suggesting there were barely 2000 people in the ground (and that with overestimating the City support at 7-800), the official attendance (not, I believe, announced at the match) being given as 3754 is rather fishy.

One suggestion could be the Blackpool board has bought up a load of STs (as the fans didn't due to the boycott!) and that these were included in the crowd figures.
Yes, I can't believe the 3,754 either!

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

UTC
Cheers for that, where did you get that number if you don't mind me asking?

Sidey's back

Some one who can kick it , head it and intimate people
Personally I would like to see us go with Credy's suggestion.

An intimate centre half would be just the job and could catch many a striker unawares.

I like the 21st century thinking Creds. Ahead of your time.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

An intimate centre half would be just the job and could catch many a striker unawares.

Given Credy's plastic Scouse leanings, maybe we should get someone with Liverpool connections to play for us. Like this chap:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Hysén

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster

I know there's a well known phrase, "they don't like it up 'em", but I'm not sure that's what they're referring to.

Red Bill

No way was there 3745 people there, I'm struggling to believe there were 1500 home fans if that. Some serious creative accounting me thinks!

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster

Great call from Creds. We need a cenner half who is equally happy caressing the ball as caressing the opposition.

citizen

No doubt it's early days and no one can really get a gauge of how things may pan out until we've played say 10 games...

Saying that with noble or Stockley and no real proven goal scorer signed in the summer I can sadly only see a continuation of the last 3-5 years...
Why 10 games? I`m feed up of this rubbish spouted every season . We didn`t win any of the last 6 games of last season. It seems to be accepted that 10 games is a time to gauge a season,but to me thats a cope out, dished up every year by Managers to take the pressure off. UTC.