• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Biscuits

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jaffa cakes are indeed cakes which is why they are free of VAT. A chocolate covered biscuit is subject to standard rate VAT.

Freddie 1

Stroudy 0

Are Arrowroot still available ?

Spoonz Red E

Sainsburys used to do a digestive cream biscuit which they've now discontinued.

Just as well or I would be at least 2 stone heavier now.

fred binneys head

McVities Fruit Shortcakes are the best - they are biscuits, Stroudy.

Legohead

Banned
Custard Creams are at the top of the pile surely? At the opposite end to their evil, sadistic, sick darker cousins the Chocolate Bourbon.

fred binneys head

Custard Creams are at the top of the pile surely? At the opposite end to their evil, sadistic, sick darker cousins the Chocolate Bourbon.
You daft racist.

Legohead

Banned
You daft racist.
:eek:

I'm presuming you are joking with that comment Fred?

I meant simply in terms of structural similarity. They are the same biscuits in that sense but one is nice and sweet and the other is bitter and horrible.

manc grecian

Bourbouns are ace as are Jaffa cakes. I can consume a whole packet in one setting. Jaffa Cakes are biscuits because they are sold in the biscuit aisle. Accountants wouldn't know a biscuit if it hit them in the spreadsheet. If I'm feeling particularly council I'll opt for some Maryland cookies.

Grecian2K

the other is bitter and horrible.
That could explain why Bourbons are the top seller as the Pl*muff branch of Azders.

For myself, I quite like those Lincoln biscuits, although, having a more savoury taste I can't beat a nice cracker with a nice ripe bit of Stilton (or mature Cheddar) on top.

fred binneys head

Sorry Lego, it was completely a joke - it's a quote from an Alan partridge programme - I know you're not racist at all and didn't mean to offend.

fred binneys head

Bourbouns are ace as are Jaffa cakes. I can consume a whole packet in one setting. Jaffa Cakes are biscuits because they are sold in the biscuit aisle. Accountants wouldn't know a biscuit if it hit them in the spreadsheet. If I'm feeling particularly council I'll opt for some Maryland cookies.
Tomatoes are sold in the vegetable aisle. Never judge a look by the lover.

Last edited: