• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Billy Jones dreams of Grecian return!!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
On the back page of the echo today. So obviously he wants SJP return but Crewe say he isnt for sale. I liked Billy Jones when he was here and from what ive read he has improved his game alot as well.

Ill try and see if link on website yet

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
i liked him as well and would be an ideal replacement for deano.whether tis would bring him back i dont know

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
I dont think that City should pay a big transfer fee for him. I should imagine that there are plenty of good calibre left backs out there that City could pick up for free.

ECFC KARL

He's definitley good enough for league 1 but will Tisdale want to pay for someone as crocks said there are plenty of left backs good enough we can get for free.

City Inside-out

I dont think that City should pay a big transfer fee for him.
Thats the problem I fear that if we want him back we are going to have to pay them a fair to large amount of money, and that is something that I dont think Tisdale is going to want to do. The real question for, me as is everyones, is it worth it?

logman

I dont think that City should pay a big transfer fee for him. I should imagine that there are plenty of good calibre left backs out there that City could pick up for free.
I've imagined and I can't think of one.

I thought Crewe said some months ago that they would release Billy from his contract this summer.

greenawayr

I have to say, I'd be pretty indifferent to him coming back. He was keen enough to leave in the first place, now we're in a somewhat elevated position he dreams of coming back to us.

Don't think I'd be overly bothered about not having him back and certainly wouldn't want to see us pay out for him.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
I've imagined and I can't think of one.

I thought Crewe said some months ago that they would release Billy from his contract this summer.
You need to imagine harder, and I thought they said that too. ;)

If they want a fee, then it's even more of a Nay than it was when he was on a free !

Last edited:

tonykellowfan

I have to say, I'd be pretty indifferent to him coming back. He was keen enough to leave in the first place, now we're in a somewhat elevated position he dreams of coming back to us.

Don't think I'd be overly bothered about not having him back and certainly wouldn't want to see us pay out for him.
This shows just what short memories people have. Very consistent, one of our best players. Great in defence. Got up the field to score important goals and was rock solid as a penalty taker.

I'd have him back any day.

greenawayr

This shows just what short memories people have. Very consistent, one of our best players. Great in defence. Got up the field to score important goals and was rock solid as a penalty taker.

I'd have him back any day.
Why do I have a short memory???

He was a decent player, certainly not the best we've ever had. Good at set plays but seem to remember him being caught out in defence several times...one particularly costly!

I would suggest that you have an equally short memory if you can't remember how keen he was to leave us when he was going to a bigger club, now all of a sudden we are the "bigger club" and he "dreams" of moving back.

I wouldn't be bothered if he was a free, but he is certainly not worthy of becoming our first paid for transfer since Sean Devine!