• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Big moments for the gutless officials

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought they were pretty even during the game - the ref seemed to bottle all the big decisions: two missed penalties for them, missed penalty plus a red card for one of their players for us.
Agree the ref bottled our penalty shout - didn't have the courage to give it and so instead looked across to his linesman who was two or three times as far away as he was from the incident. Madness.

Don't recall the incident in which one of their players could, possibly, have got a red card. Do, however, recall James Dunne taking a wild lunge at one of their players, after the ball had gone, over by the corner flag in the last 10 or 15 minutes of the game. Fortunately, their guy chose not to make much of it or we'd have been down to 10 men and Dunney would be facing a three-match ban.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Then in that case neither was Taylor's in the opening 45 seconds. That wasn't given either, so that couldn't have been a penalty too.
What about the rest of my post? Gonna answer the rest of my points or stuck for an answer?

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
What about the rest of my post? Gonna answer the rest of my points or stuck for an answer?
Stuck for an answer to what? That because it wasn't shown on a highlights package it couldn't have been a penalty? Yeah, course I'm stuck for an answer to that one, you've definitely got me there.

PeteUSA

If the 'penalties' were that obvious, how come they didn't feature in any of the extended highlights? A point that Hants Red rightly raised to Malcolms. We won't get another look at it because the events were not deemed controversial to even make extended highlights. Most Oldham players didn't even bother to appeal the second time around!!
I'll answer Dave, I imagine Moxeys missus has said: "for the last time, will you get off of there and come to bed!"

I checked Oldhams 'Latics Player' and they showed the exact same highlights we got. It was a different commentator, who made more of Arturs performance than ours did, but the footage is identical. Wouldnt you have thought that the Oldham fans would have been shown the apparent penalty 'shouts' (another term I've got to get used to), if there was any basis to the claims? Seems to me any claims were more in hope than anticipation.

EDIT: Whooops Moxeys back! Bet his missus said "too late, you can bugger off!"

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Seems to me any claims were more in hope than anticipation.
And how would you know if you didn't see them? FFS, 'seems to me' - based on what, the fact you didn't see them? You really are a fool at times.

Willy Nilly

I didn't think their shouts looked too strong from where I was. Still, hard to say without the benefit of a reply.

I do wish Tully would stop yanking any shirt he gets near, though, especially after the penalty earlier in the season. He can't see to stop tugging shirts.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
i didn't think their shouts looked too strong from where i was. Still, hard to say without the benefit of a reply.

I do wish tully would stop yanking any shirt he gets near, though, especially after the penalty earlier in the season. He can't see to stop tugging shirts.
you calling our tulls a shirt lifter? ;)

wemissmoxey

I do wish Tully would stop yanking any shirt he gets near, though, especially after the penalty earlier in the season. He can't see to stop tugging shirts.
I wish he would stop tugging The Cheese.

SmallHat.

The pen shout, make of it what you will.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgLref-Dy7Y

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
The pen shout, make of it what you will.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgLref-Dy7Y
You could be receiving a letter from the Football League's solicitors in tomorrow's post?! ;-)