• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Big moments for the gutless officials

Rog H K

That's a Zillion penalties we should have had this season already now! I Think our luck has got to change and we are due one(or a Zillion!) from a dodgy ref with a stick and a dog? This one will do!

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
And you could see that clearly from the Bank? They looked pretty decent shouts to me.
If they were penalties, then the dramatic fall/dive was what ruined him - people were laughing at the ginger bloke as he went down. Like I said, if a team wants to dive/go down on contact then they won't get much if they are as blatant about it as Oldham were

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
If they were penalties, then the dramatic fall/dive was what ruined him - people were laughing at the ginger bloke as he went down. Like I said, if a team wants to dive/go down on contact then they won't get much if they are as blatant about it as Oldham were
So? Theatrical or not, I doubt you could make a proper judgement from the Bank. Besides, a penalty is a penalty, the player's reaction after being fouled for a penalty is immaterial as to whether the original offence took place or not.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
So? Theatrical or not, I doubt you could make a proper judgement from the Bank. Besides, a penalty is a penalty, the player's reaction after being fouled for a penalty is immaterial as to whether the original offence took place or not.
It wasn't given, and therefore it wasn't a penalty. If he wanted to convince the ref otherwise he shouldn't have milked the dive. Sorry but that's how modern football works these days.

If the 'penalties' were that obvious, how come they didn't feature in any of the extended highlights? A point that Hants Red rightly raised to Malcolms. We won't get another look at it because the events were not deemed controversial to even make extended highlights. Most Oldham players didn't even bother to appeal the second time around!!

Antony Moxey

It wasn't given, and therefore it wasn't a penalty.
Then in that case neither was Taylor's in the opening 45 seconds. That wasn't given either, so that couldn't have been a penalty too.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Weren't the commentators in the highlights saying it should have been a penalty, Ant? (Taylor's) ...

Antony Moxey

Weren't the commentators in the highlights saying it should have been a penalty, Ant? (Taylor's) ...
No idea, I was just going on what I saw from round about the half way line. I haven't seen the highlights.

PeteUSA

Definite pen. Not a red card. End of.

Alistair20000

It looked as plain as the proverbial pikestaff from approx half way in the Flybe on Saturday and even plainer on that clip.

That first goal is worth preserving mind.