• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Big Bank Pole 5 - The Red Legion

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, last night was a superb effort from the RL. Fantastic atmosphere. Well done lads.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
All credit the RL last night - the atmosphere was constant for most of the game and given how boring it was that was a great effort

The Lee Holmes song is crap mind

Silver fox

Just to reiterate you sounded loud and proud from the OG (y)

I agree it creates atmosphere and all good for that
But they are just a bunch of kids with absolutely no football knowledge whatsoever just out to make a noise with their mates
Tisdale must be thinking 'great, I've got loads of support here.. Fans are in full voice
But the fact is home performances have been fecking dire for too long and I honesty don't think it's helping get that muppet out
But as I say fair play to them for creating an atmosphere, it's just not helping the cause.. Not once in 5 shocking seasons have we had a tisdale out chant and reading Exeweb 95 percent want him gone . I tried to start one last night to no avail!

Last edited:

Grecian Max

But they are just a bunch of kids with absolutely no football knowledge whatsoever just out to make a noise with their mates
Tisdale must be thinking 'great, I've got loads of support here.. Fans are in full voice
But the fact is home performances have been fecking dire for too long and I honesty don't think it's helping get that muppet out
But as I say fair play to them for creating an atmosphere, it's just not helping the cause.. Not once in 5 shocking seasons have we had a tisdale out chant and reading Exeweb 95 percent want him gone . I tried to start one last night to no avail!
Slightly unfair on a number of levels.

- The 15 min thing got a fair bit of attention, particularly the local press and online - would chanting "Tisdale out" have put he same pressure on? Also, there's a video knocking about of Oxford last week where the Tisdale out chant is very audible so your wrong on that score chap.

- we will back the team within reasonable limits, all of us are sick and tired of ****e home performances - if they'd be good the atmosphere generally would be raised too so it hardly helps us grow watching he turgid ****e

- if you think the RL are kids that know nothing, come visit our pub St. Anne's tavern and speak to us in person. Yeah there are some youngsters in the area but the majority of the core group are in their 20s (or close to 30 :()

Or you could moan on the Internet.

Last edited:

Grecian Max

I'll add that given how the stewarding has seemingly shifted gear since the 15 minutes, Tisdale and the club are well aware of us making a point with the 15 min silence...

Silver fox

What a load of bollox, just out of interest how many home games do you attend?

Grecian Max

I guess what I'm saying is don't point the finger at us, it isn't our fault Tisdale can't win home games. I remember the siege getting **** for bad home performances (the same, total BS angle "players/Tisdale think it's fine to carry on as they are as the support is good"). Things hardly picked up in the intervening period up to RL forming did it?

Some of fans are just complete bellends sometimes, yes I'm not afraid of saying that.

grecianexiled28

To be honest i think greciansontuor has a point, I went last night and was stood near Pole 6 and it was a complete and utter annoyance to hear a bunch of 10 year olds singing and shouting complete and utter ****!! I even had my tea knocked out my hand cos the 'siege Army' were jumping around like lunatics. when we were 1 nil down.
but the worst is they even sing the Adam Stansfield song (which does my head in) and i find ironic considering half of them never even saw him play!! I personally think the whole 'Siege Army' thing is totally cringey and makes the club look even more comical than it already is!!

Last edited:
Alright boys calm down! I'm just saying tisdale is ruined my love for the club I've supported for 25 plus years and for that I would suggest doing all we can to get rid of him
And I attended 95 percent of home games for 20 years but lately not as many, for the reason I can't watch the carp that donut serves up.