• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Big Bank Pole 5 - The Red Legion

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm 42 and a massive fan of the Red Legion. When I go to home games (rare) I stand with them and sing and bounce like a loon. They are fantastic and I hope they continue for a long, long time.

charEXE

I love the idea of the red legion, with so many crappy stadiums without any noise and atmosphere in today's modern game it makes a nice change to hear constant noise for (pretty much) 90 minutes. I stand near the base of the heart and love jumping up and down and joining in.
If you don't love it, just don't go near it.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
There is no doubting that they have made the atmosphere better. It was ridiculously quiet earlier in the season. The new songs they've implemented are terrible though, like seriously bad. They seem to be going for a European ultras type thing which is just incredibly cringey. If they stuck to the more old school chants it would be better.

fred binneys head

I would love a rendition of 'my brother's in borstal' myself but you've got to move with the times. The youth are the voice of today, let the past go and get stuck in.

Avening Posse

I'm a big fan of these guys, i don't stand anywhere near them, but they certainly raise the atmosphere, and the Port Vale game was the best atmosphere at the Park for many many years and long may it continue

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
The Lee Holmes song has to go - your murdering a dance classic there !!

Love the Stanno song

Great to hear a rendition of where's your caravan last night ! One of my favourites

Never forgot being in the cowshed when I was a buay singing that to Shaun Devine when he played for Barnet

Swanaldo

Great to hear a rendition of where's your caravan last night ! One of my favourites
:x Seriously?

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
One of the most brainless and least imaginative.

Up there with singing 'ten German bombers' at Klopp. Truly boneheaded.

Terryhall

My only "direct" experience of the RL was for the home game v Liverpool that I travelled back for. My wife was with me and her view as a "fan by association" was that

1. The atmosphere was miles better than she expected and she really enjoyed being on the BB - so top marks to RL for that.
2. She didn't get why we were singing songs about Argyle when we weren't playing them
3. After I explained who Stanno was and the context for the song, she got why we sing the Stanno song - but not why it makes up 75% of the total singing. Her words "what about the poor lads out there running around, why not sing about them a bit more"

On the latter two, it's a free world and anyone can chant what they want (within reason - Ten German Bombers for example being something I cannot honestly agree with at all) - but for what its worth I do agree with both of the points she raised. When we're winning 2-1 against Liverpool, I don't get why we would need to sing about how much we hate Argyle.

Overall though, top marks, keep it up. (clap)

Grecian Max

3. After I explained who Stanno was and the context for the song, she got why we sing the Stanno song - but not why it makes up 75% of the total singing. Her words "what about the poor lads out there running around, why not sing about them a bit more")
:D 75%?

Exeweb, the place where overstatement is key.