• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Best manager in the Football League

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
Been to the last 100 or so games at home, now he's turning the doubters, long way to go yet, but yes better (y) not the best manager in the league, but the best we can afford.l

STURTZ

Perhaps time to review Tisdale's statements and accept that he may have been right re our inappropriate pre season schedule and the problems that the transfer embargo forced upon our club.

Signings seem good, youngsters are developing nicely and team are beginning to perform better than a team with our slender resources really should. If we can match our away form of the past two seasons with some decent home then who knows, we might be in for a good season!:D

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Things haven't always been great over the past two seasons, but I see this as us having turned a corner. I think we are extremely fortunate to have Tis at the helm and will love seeing many posters on here eating humble pie at the end of the season.
In general, those people don't admit they were wrong. The usual tactic is to claim that Tis finally listened to them, and if he had done it earlier we would be better off.
You're wasting your time arguing against them, just enjoy the good form. As soon as we have a couple of bad results/performances, they'll be back.

ECFC traveller

Been to the last 100 or so games at home, now he's turning the doubters, long way to go yet, but yes better (y) not the best manager in the league, but the best we can afford.l
1) We can't afford him
2) With the wages we're paying him, we could definitely get someone in more capable
3) Why don't we just get a normal manager in, on a normal wage - and give the other 80k a year to the manager to play with?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Perhaps time to review Tisdale's statements and accept that he may have been right re our inappropriate pre season schedule and the problems that the transfer embargo forced upon our club.

Signings seem good, youngsters are developing nicely and team are beginning to perform better than a team with our slender resources really should. If we can match our away form of the past two seasons with some decent home then who knows, we might be in for a good season!:D
Tisdale only mentioned the embargo and Brazil trip once we had started losing games. If he was really against the trip then I hope he made his feelings clear behind closed doors. Assuming the trip hasn't made us money I still say we should not have gone.

He is definitely doing well post Mansfield and I hope he can keep it up. We have had good spells before followed by terrible runs so wait and see is my advise. We won four of five homes last year and then didn't win one for ages so anyone heaping praise now could look silly later on, I hope not but it is possible.

If he made good subs yesterday then well done but the reports make it sound like he got it wrong in the first half.

arthur

Equally, a lot of the vocal "Tis out" people are nowhere to be seen. Just for perspective.
Hello. I've been abroad for a couple of weeks.

I agree with Tony Badcock.

I am delighted that we've won four games in a row

I do wish you lot wouldn't take every opportunity to start discussions like this - I can't remember many "where are all the Tis lovers now?" threads. Most are attacks on the man himself, rather than his ardent admirers

citizen33

Tis has made mistakes, but I think that he does have the ability to build a team with very limited resources. A club in our financial situation is always going to suffer periods in the doldrums, but I'm happy to enjoy the current run of results and give credit where credit is due.

Last edited:

STURTZ

1) We can't afford him
2) With the wages we're paying him, we could definitely get someone in more capable
3) Why don't we just get a normal manager in, on a normal wage - and give the other 80k a year to the manager to play with?
It's true that when it seems that we're being held back by tight finances and we have a manager on a large wedge who doesn't seem to be performing then one of the first things to look at would be his wage and could it be better spent.

When the team is getting results, other revenue possibilities develop (young players to sell, increased attendances, cup runs(!), perhaps even big money should our manager leave) Then it doesn't seem so important what we pay and perhaps even detrimental to the existence of the club should he go.

It's a fine balance and one that will always provoke debate. Long may it continue!

flakey pasty

I do wish you lot wouldn't take every opportunity to start discussions like this - I can't remember many "where are all the Tis lovers now?" threads. Most are attacks on the man himself, rather than his ardent admirers
In that case you've got a short memory, Arthur. I think a few on here are like you and wish people "didn't start discussions like this" - it's uncomfortable because the petitioners are being proved wrong. Now some (stand up and take a bow, Sumner), have conceded as much and said so. Yet others, whilst sneaking down their TISDALE OUT avatars, are performing political gymnastics by claiming that the Tisdale Out campaign has been a success, even though Tisdale is most certainly still "in" (and will hopefully be still "in" for a while longer yet).
A little bit of honesty and humility wouldn't go amiss.

grecianfaniow

My reason for tis out was the fact we were bottom of the league which is my point of no return usually but **** me he has pulled it out of the bag... im just hoping its a permanent feature not a temporary one (smoke)