• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bertie Bashing

AndyR

As a matter of interest- and without trawling through Exeweb, match programmes etc, are there any reasonably recent recorded comments by PT on what he feels Bertie's qualities are? Bertie seems to be a survivor as far as our squad is concerned. His demise was widely predicted on here along with the other "obvious" ones - ATaylor, Elam, Rico- and yet for the moment he's still here.

Incidentally, I think that many of Bertie's critics actually agree that he is a likeable guy and may secretly not have too much problem being proved wrong if he started producing the goods on the pitch. They're just not expecting it to happen.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bertie has my support.

Bertie is a very nice person and has helped ECDSA and ECFC a great deal in the past season.
Having a squad of nice persons doesn't guarantee safety in L2 I'm afraid.

ECFC4EVR

I agree- Bertie for England;)

edindevon

Good thread, well done that man.

I'm proud to be pledging my support for Bertie as well. I hope he goes on to have a great season and I have no reason to doubt the ability of Sir Paul Tisdale to build a winning team for the next campaign. To insult Bertie's playing skills is an indirect insult on our manager's judgement and that's what annoys me more than anything else.

Anyway, am I the only one who thinks that there was nothing much wrong with his last few preformances of the season? And does anyone know if Bertie played alongside Neil Saunders at Team Bath and, if so, what their midfield partnership was like?

pelsey

You can shove your stone island up your arse, this
bertie cozic - legend
we should keep him just for THAT name!!!(only joking like)

davecg

What annoys me about the Bertie Bashing is that he will being doing fine in a game, win a tackle or two, a couple of decent passes but if he losses pocession or a tackle its all..
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I dont think for 1 minute Cozic is a world beater but can we just let the guy play without criticising his every move.

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
With Bertie I always find myself thinking back to his first 5-10 games for us. At the time a thread on Exeweb was debating whether he or Woodards was our best player. Then of course he got injured and the rest is history.....

....my point is if he could have an injury free season and play enough games to get match fit we might see the best of him. I'm not going to hold my breath on either but I would be delighted if it happened.

radiogrecian

"Do do be do... Bertie Cozic... Do do be do... Bertie Cozic."

Top bloke is Bertie.

In Tis We trust - if he thinks he's good enough and is part of the league 2 masterplan then that's fine by me.

Anyone who wears that number 14 shirt is a legend!

Last edited:

SmallHat.

I <3 Bertie Cozic.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Bertie's a great player, and a top bloke as well. I had a quick chat with him last week and he's really looking forward to the new season and is raring to go. I think he'll be a better player next season to be honest.