• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnsley vs Exeter match day thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No Will Aimson.

JGrecian23

I actually like that team given what we have to choose from. I'd always Kite there but that's just a personal opinion.

I think Rankine's pace on the counter could lead to Sonny getting some joy.

chunkymorrinmunter

Surprised to see Harper

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
No real game changers off the bench...

scottus86

4-5-1?

robchave

For me, there's not enough bite in the midfield to 'Park the Bus' and not enough muscle upfront to keep the ball from coming straight back. Nothing against Cox, but I don't think he's developed enough for that. Unless Barnsley have a reall off-day, I can't see us coming back with anything.

Always happy to be wrong though!

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't expect Cox to start.Not like Caldwell to risk a player,so must be fit enough to do an hour.Harris added to the injury list but I don't believe that will have too much of an impact on us.Good news with Fitz and Watts back though.

Always think that Barnsley aren't as good as their place in the table suggests. We have a chance to get something here.

Last edited:

CWH-NYC_

For me, there's not enough bite in the midfield to 'Park the Bus' and not enough muscle upfront to keep the ball from coming straight back. Nothing against Cox, but I don't think he's developed enough for that. Unless Barnsley have a reall off-day, I can't see us coming back with anything.

Always happy to be wrong though!
Agree with all that, think we are in for a difficult watch this afternoon.

So ,it’s the final Saturday of ‘transfer window’ January, a tough away game in a relegation battle. Both new signings are out injured & a striker gone ( yeah, I know it’s only James Scott). We are really making it tough for ourselves.