• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnsley vs Exeter match day thread

Bridgy 81

View attachment 14637
I think as a penalty for that shirt design they should have a points deduction and start every match 0:2 down.
Starting today.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Go easy on me I’m a match day thread virgin.

Can we carry forward the excellent result from Tuesday.

Here’s hoping 🤞

Safe travels to those heading up to Oakwell. Let’s see off The Tykes!
Received wisdom is that it is not very good first time. Hope you haven't jinxed us. :unsure:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Got a good feeling about today. 2-1 City.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Sitting in away from home and hoping to nick one is a way of trying to win the game.
it rarely works on the road against good opposition or play off contenders…

hence why we haven’t beaten any of them this season away from home.

maybe today will be the day.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We're not winning this one unfortunately, which makes the 3 points last Tuesday so vital. 2 or 3 nil to Barnsley.

There's no way we'll attempt to go toe to toe with them like we did Rovers. We'll park the bus and hope to nick one, which I don't actually mind in certain games, this being one of them.

I just hope if we concede thae tactics will change to actually allow us to try and score rather than just keep the score down.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
We underestimate ourselves and the early season confidence may be returning. We have been frugal in defence recently and look dangerous when we attack teams with pace and purpose. As long as we don't concede early I reckon we're in with a chance of getting something today.

I'm not frightened of Barnsley, we can do a job on them.
UTC

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
it rarely works on the road against good opposition or play off contenders…

hence why we haven’t beaten any of them this season away from home.

maybe today will be the day.
Nothing works very often if you're playing a team that's quite a lot better. Other sides come to SJP and set up defensively... At least we tend to only do it for the tougher looking fixtures.

CWH-NYC_

Just over an hour to wait for the starting lineup and to see what an exciting forward line will be on display today.
Cartwheels from me if we keep a clean sheet.

No Harris. Big blow ffs

larrywilkie

We're not winning this one unfortunately, which makes the 3 points last Tuesday so vital. 2 or 3 nil to Barnsley.

There's no way we'll attempt to go toe to toe with them like we did Rovers. We'll park the bus and hope to nick one, which I don't actually mind in certain games, this being one of them.

I just hope if we concede thae tactics will change to actually allow us to try and score rather than just keep the score down.
Going to be a tough one, but I reckon if someone had offered us draws at Rovers and tod
No Harris. Big blow ffs
1706364247754.png

Attachments