• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnet vs Exeter City matchday thread

Legohead

Banned
Thanks for the reports all. Great to read. (y)

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think we've had our fill of pretty football with little or no end product over the past few years!
Precisely.....it's not so pretty losing at home all the time (but the fans still stuck with the team at the matches). This is promotion year : you can feel it in your bones..

Mr Jinx

If it wasn't for their keeper we could have scored a couple more,that's what they are there for.
If it wasn't for our keeper they'd have scored a couple more too.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Lloyd James also had a good game. When Exeweb sponsored Hiram Boateng came on, James was released in to a more attacking role and it was this change of shape that Barnet didn't deal with.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
If it wasn't for our keeper they'd have scored a couple more too.
Er, I think the chunky one was already bouncing this one back.

IndoMike

Lloyd James also had a good game. When Exeweb sponsored Hiram Boateng came on, James was released in to a more attacking role and it was this change of shape that Barnet didn't deal with.
Oooh you name-dropper you. But, very high hopes for Hiram. My gut tells me he's gonna be quality for Div 2.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Oooh you name-dropper you. But, very high hopes for Hiram. My gut tells me he's gonna be quality for Div 2.
He struck me as being a bit like Manny Panther but with the ability to trap a ball.

IndoMike

He struck me as being a bit like Manny Panther but with the ability to trap a ball.
Lets see how he settles in and give him a fair crack of the whip. I think he'll be a great asset, but we'll see

IndoMike

Jake Taylor City's unsung hero?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
There were so many tactical changes that worked second half. Lee Holmes had played almost the whole first half on the right. Second half he started on the left but after that moved around, and what was really impressive all game was that him, Reid, Taylor and McAlinden do not play to fixed positions all the time, when one makes a run into another's space they switch happily. Taylor doesn't always look very comfortable on the left but was able to come inside to good effect first half and second half played more in his natural position. James and Tillson read the game very well, so they are very defensive when they need to be and come forward at times too. This was a true team performance and although we were a bit fortunate to come away with three points the opposition was very good and I fully expect them to be in the frame at the end of the season. I think this was in a way our best performance of the season so far.