• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnet vs Exeter City matchday thread

tonykellowfan

Is this available on ifollow or whatever its called?

Legohead

Banned
I'm expecting a really tough game tonight and i'd be well pleased to come away with a point. Barnet have an exciting squad of footballers and two that i've seen the most are Shaq Coulthirst and David Tutonda. Shaq on his day is a top end league 1 player but he's inconsistent and not been able to really grow his career due to flitting from one club to the next. He's 22 years old and is at his 9th club. He was on loan at Torquay where i saw him a few times. Tutonda is a quick defensive minded player who has been used on the wing and i like what i've seen of him too.

I know nothing about the manager Rossi Eames either only what i've read on the 'net' and this really is his fledgling season in pro football management so could turn out to be anything. He's done amazingly well thus far having amassed 10 points and they've already had some notable results so far beating Swindon away 4-1, Posh away 3-1 in the league cup before only losing 1-0 away at Brighton in the same competition. They've also enjoyed a narrow 1 goal to nil win at home to Luton.

I can see this being a game where we'll need to dig in and have some luck and although i'm sure we'll get a few opportunities of our own, i think it will be a tight affair and a low score draw if not a goalless one.

Again full credit to the travelling Grecians making the effort tonight and even more so if you aren't from the London area and hopefully we'll come out of the Hive having caused a bit of sting of our own.

COYR!

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I know nothing about the manager Rossi Eames either only what i've read on the 'net' and this really is his fledgling season in pro football management so could turn out to be anything.
He had a spell as caretaker last season where he did well before they brought in Kevin Nugent (unsuccessfully), so he's back again. His background is not in Football but in Rhythmic Gymnastics!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Is this available on ifollow or whatever its called?
That is the expectation.

Legohead

Banned
There could be some games abandoned or called off this evening. Some prolonged heavy rain expected in many places. Hopefully be ok down at Barnet.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
There could be some games abandoned or called off this evening. Some prolonged heavy rain expected in many places. Hopefully be ok down at Barnet.
Blue skies abound in Twickenham with just over three hours until KO.

Although there must have been a lot of overnight rain closer to Edgware though as the Cricket today at Uxbridge was called off due to a wet outfield despite there being little evidence of much rain fairly nearby in Hounslow.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm expecting a really tough game tonight and i'd be well pleased to come away with a point. Barnet have an exciting squad of footballers and two that i've seen the most are Shaq Coulthirst and David Tutonda. Shaq on his day is a top end league 1 player but he's inconsistent and not been able to really grow his career due to flitting from one club to the next. He's 22 years old and is at his 9th club. He was on loan at Torquay where i saw him a few times. Tutonda is a quick defensive minded player who has been used on the wing and i like what i've seen of him too.

COYR!
Thanks Lego, this will make watching on the stream more interesting. I'm finding watching the opposition on the live stream very interesting. Those results are pretty scary though, 4-1 at Swindon?!

Exe on Valdez

This one will be tougher than it was at FGR.

Good test for City, though.

Legohead

Banned
Thanks Lego, this will make watching on the stream more interesting. I'm finding watching the opposition on the live stream very interesting. Those results are pretty scary though, 4-1 at Swindon?!
Yeah they've started the season really strongly. About Coulthirst, i also saw him a few times for Mansfield as i live not 15 mins from Field Mill and often go to watch them if i can't get to an Exeter match (which is nearly every home game at SJP! ;(). and in a weird twist i also saw him AT Mansfield score a cracker FOR York when he was on loan there so by and large Coulthirst tends to score when i'm somewhere in the stands no matter what club he's playing for. Luckily tonight i won't be there! (rofl)

Cracking player though, dangerous, tricky and really rate him on his day.

Last edited:

CWH-NYC_

It will be very interesting to see what team Tis puts out. I will go with more rather than less changes in an attempt to wear Barnet down. So expect a few of the new faces to appear.........or with my great predictive skills record more likely an unchanged side.