• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnet v City match day thread.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
That classic shout
A bit like the 'proper chaps' one you love so much.;)

Not worn fryer tuck costume for a while as it does
We're like the North Korea of football: every year the crops fail so Kim Jong Tisdale executes some peasants whilst building himself another pitch err palace
This made me laugh, #TISDALEOUT

Alistair20000

What did the Great Curmudgeon think of our performance Mack ?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Yes indeed. I wonder what it means ?
Nothing is what it means

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree with the last sentence but we don't have a full selection of midfielders. Manny is still not match fit (my dad bumped into him in Aldi last week), Oakley is out for a long time by the sounds of it, Holmes is out. I just don't think he deserves the amount out vitriol that is expressed towards him at games and on here is justified. He had the most composure out of all our defenders. also you can't criticise him for being slow, the majority of our team wouldn't have caught Clarke.
The prob is that as soon as one 38 year old midfielder is injured, another is automatically stuck in to take his place. Butts is doing a good job with the u21 but he is not cut out to play in the engine room of a League 2 side up against players who week in, week out will be quicker or stronger (or both) than him. If Tis wants to play Noble and Harley, then he has to play someone with more energy and bite in there. Still think Harley is playing too deep. He is more effective floating off the front 2.

Red Bill

Now go back and read what I said properly.
Yes I've 're-read it and it still comes across the same way. So perhaps instead of trying to belittle my comment you could try explain yours more clearly. The point of a debate is to articulate your feelings on an issue so that another person or persons can understand your stance, you have failed to do this in this instance. So could you explain why you feel that it's acceptable for one incident to affect plyers so dramatically?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Compare and contrast Tom's 1 on 1 with Clarke's goal

[video=youtube;6qEjPm7rSUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qEjPm7rSUs[/video]

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

[video=youtube;6qEjPm7rSUs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qEjPm7rSUs[/video]
Yeah, but would Grant or Morrison have done any better?

grecIAN Harris

Yes I've 're-read it and it still comes across the same way. So perhaps instead of trying to belittle my comment you could try explain yours more clearly. The point of a debate is to articulate your feelings on an issue so that another person or persons can understand your stance, you have failed to do this in this instance. So could you explain why you feel that it's acceptable for one incident to affect plyers so dramatically?
Did I say that the own goal knocked the stuffing out of us? No. That's what you read to suit you're argument. I said the own goal was an individual error that Tis had no control over when talking about what a manager can and can't control once the game has started. What I also said is that individual incidents, non specific to this game, can change the whole flow of a game. A dubious decision that cost you a goal, a injury to your most effective player in a given game, a sending off. If you don't think things like that don't effect a teams mindset then I think you're being a bit naive. Sometimes it's not always in a negative way. How many times have you seen teams crumple when they've been reduced to ten men but in contrast how many times have you seen teams put up a stubbon rearguard action in the same situation. A manager can do his best to try and influence that but it is ultimately in the hands of those on the pitch.

grecIAN Harris

And that was Tisdales fault of course.