• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Barnet v City match day thread.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Be surprised if you're right. Suspect players are very much controlled on what they allowed to do on and off the ball. Our lack to freedom at times is a big part of the current problem with our play.
And that is where what goes on on the training ground comes in but how much influence do you think Tis could put into concedeing the own goal or Nichols burying his chance instead of missing it? Individual incidents have as much, possibly more, influence on a game than the amount of preperation a manager puts in before the game. One incident can change the whole swing of a game. You can make changes to try and wrestle the situation back but if that incident has kicked the collective stuffing out of your side, what can Tis do?

Red Bill

I'm sorry but if conceding an own goal is enough to kick the stuffing out of a side then there's a serious motivational issue there and that must sit firmly in the hands of the manager.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Nothing has changed for 5 years now , nothing is going to change in the foreseeable future and we will
Just continue to plod along

There is no other club in the country which would of continued to employ a manager who's sides are as inconsistent as Tisdales

Yes they are in it together but the buck stops with the manager to get the tactics and shape of the team correct - the players get paid to play the manager gets paid to gain results

grecIAN Harris

I'm sorry but if conceding an own goal is enough to kick the stuffing out of a side then there's a serious motivational issue there and that must sit firmly in the hands of the manager.
Now go back and read what I said properly.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nothing has changed for 5 years now , nothing is going to change in the foreseeable future and we will
Just continue to plod along

There is no other club in the country which would of continued to employ a manager who's sides are as inconsistent as Tisdales

Yes they are in it together but the buck stops with the manager to get the tactics and shape of the team correct - the players get paid to play the manager gets paid to gain results
Good shout.

And Sercombe scored 23 goals in over 200 games for Tisdale, now has 8 in just 16 for Oxford. Makes you wonder.

Mackster

Trouble is globey its in the world in general and its wrong. I noticed, when i was teaching, that increasingly it was the teacher who was being held to account if a kid was too lazy to work and ultimately fekked up on the exam grades. I think back to when i was that kid and the finger of account would have been firmly pointed at me and my parents would have wanted to know why it was that I had personally screwed up. Its the way society has gone. Something wrong? It ain't my fault and must be someone else's responsibility!! Yeh its easy enough for a manager to say 'I take responsibility' but they probably only do so for effect, like so much else they often say. Whenthe manager says 'we' he is damn well right, its ALL of them who need to take responsibility; players, coaches, management and tea lady. Collective responsibility and collective action to put it right please city, and quick.
I agree it was a collective failure, but the buck has to stop somewhere. Tisdale is the leader of the group and probably earns 2/3 times more salary than any of his players.

The team are under the illusion that they have trained well all week because our great leader has told them. They then come out to face a Barnet side looking unprepared for what they are about to face. This would be excusable if it happened rarely, but its all too common. Time & time again we come up against teams that are more physical, with more desire, and we succumb to the inevitable defeat. It might be excusable if this was a manager in his 1st or 2nd season, but we've been here so many times before and it doesn't change.

It's as if Tisdale trains the team all weak making loads of pretty passing patterns with no awareness about the opposition we are playing. It feels like either naivety or arrogance that we can just go out and play our football, whereas Barnet were well prepared to stop us playing and then impose their will upon us.

Yesterday wasn't unusual, but it did feel like many fans have come to the end of their tether seeing the same mistakes made week in, week out.

GrecianWonder

How can you defend Butterfield? He is well and truly passed it. Got muscled off the ball, offers nothing going forward (except the odd chip through ball) and just doesn't have the legs anymore. Got turned inside out against Argyle on the counter and couldn't keep up yesterday for their second.

With a full selection of midfielders Butterfield should not be in the side.
I agree with the last sentence but we don't have a full selection of midfielders. Manny is still not match fit (my dad bumped into him in Aldi last week), Oakley is out for a long time by the sounds of it, Holmes is out. I just don't think he deserves the amount out vitriol that is expressed towards him at games and on here is justified. He had the most composure out of all our defenders. also you can't criticise him for being slow, the majority of our team wouldn't have caught Clarke.

Alistair20000

Ah but we are no ordinary football club isn't it ?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Ah but we are no ordinary football club isn't it ?
That classic shout

Alistair20000

That classic shout
Yes indeed. I wonder what it means ?